Bobcat

Make Your Own Shooting Sticks

I made my sticks out of a couple of my bow fishing arrows, wrapped in camo tape. They work great, the shafts are pretty much indestructable, and the camo tape keeps the noise down if you bump them with anything. I will post a picture before too long.

I make my own shooting sticks as well out of lightweight reed, but being I have lots of Bow fishing arrows laying around I sure would like to see yours. We bow fish the tourneys and guide. Actually, my partner won Bow Fisherman of the Year this year. WOW! I came in 9th for the year, and 3rd for three man team, so not bad for my first year doing the tourneys I guess. Didn't even get eaten by an alligator!

Do you fish the tourneys for TBA?

I make my own shooting sticks as well out of lightweight reed, but being I have lots of Bow fishing arrows laying around I sure would like to see yours. We bow fish the tourneys and guide. Actually, my partner won Bow Fisherman of the Year this year. WOW! I came in 9th for the year, and 3rd for three man team, so not bad for my first year doing the tourneys I guess. Didn't even get eaten by an alligator!

Do you fish the tourneys for TBA?

I've got a couple of bow fishing sticks too, and I too would like to see what Bobcat does with them. I never could seem to get that refraction thing right! :blink:

Buzzard

That's a good article. I believe I will have to make some pretty soon. Thanks GonHuntin You too Bobcat for posting. bowingsmilie.gif

I made my sticks out of a couple of my bow fishing arrows, wrapped in camo tape. They work great, the shafts are pretty much indestructable, and the camo tape keeps the noise down if you bump them with anything. I will post a picture before too long.

Anything happening on this yet?

Yeah I realised that but wondered if anyone has done anything recently on shooting sticks. Not mad on what I'm seeing in stores and online and am about to make my own and am looking for some new ideas. Any hints?

Thanks BobCat for posting that artical, its similar to how my 12yr old son, my 6yr old daughter and I made some shooting sticks. My pops is a HAM radio opperator and had one of his antannas fall on a windy evening and was going to scrap the aluminum so before he did i grabbed a couple lenghts of aluminum and made the shooting sticks out of the antanna. First we took the antanna and cut to the length we needed, camo painted the sticks then took some 5/8" x 8" fuel hose i had laying around (from the other hobby/lifestyle...hotrods,choppers, and drag cars)and cut a "V" in the middle of the hose. Painfully slipped the hose over the camo'd sticks through the cut out "V" till the the aluminum sticks were sticking out the end of the hose about and inch or so then took some vacume plugs, the kind you use on a carburator, and capped the ends of the stick at the top. Took some used field tips that my buddy gave me and JB Welded them in the bottom end and there you have it free shooting sticks. just with some elbo grease and a lil injenuity the list is endless on what you can do to make Hunting/Calling Predators a lil more fun for you and the familly.

thanks again BobCat and thanks for looking

Bobby

I'm cheap, I use two fiberglass electric fence pole from Tractor supply. A little paint for camo and I use the Band Castrator bans to hold together the poles at the pivot point.