Sign in to follow this  
Shane

2007 Texas Predator Posse Spring Turkey Contest

THE TEXAS PREDATOR POSSE would like to welcome all TTPP members to the 2007 Texas Predator Posse Spring Turkey Contest!!!

IT’S SPRINGTIME TURKEY SEASON BABY!!!!!!!! We are going to keep the same set of rules and regulations as we followed last year. The Judges for this years contest will be Fosteology and ICMCumin. We will score Gobbler’s based on photo’s posted by TTPP members that were signed up on “The Contest Sign-Up Sheet” prior to the sign-up deadline. The reason behind adding the other Judges….I’m still a little kid yall, and believe me, it was NO FUN sitting on the sidelines playing “leftout” last season, I wanna play too. This year we have some very generous TTPP members that have donated some wonderful items to give away to the Lucky Winners. The The Texas Predator Posse would like to wish all TTPP members a very productive and safe season. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

Here is The Texas Predator Posse Spring Turkey Contest rules and guidelines to follow. To make this another GREAT TTPP Contest, I ask that everyone pay very close attention to detail while taking measurements and photo’s. What we want is the beard length and each spur length. Below are the details on how they need to be measured. Be sure to note that all measurements are taken in 1/16-inch increments and converted to decimal form.

1. For the beard, measure the beard length and convert it to decimal form. A beard must be measured from the center point of the protrusion of the skin to the tip. If you have a non-typical bird with multiple beards, measure the longest beard only!!

2. Next, measure each spur. Spurs must be measured along the outside center, from the point at which the spur protrudes from the scaled leg skin to the tip of the spur. Now add the two spur lengths together and convert it to decimal form, this figure will be your total length for your spurs. If you have a non-typical bird with multiple spurs measure the two longest spurs only.

NOTE: It looks like we have enough prizes this year that we will give a prize to the highest scoring non-typical, so if your lucky enough to bag a non-typical, go ahead and take measurements of all beards and spurs and post photo’s of each. This will not count you out of the rest of the contest. This will just give you the opportunity to possibly place in the Typical Class and win a prize for the highest scoring Non-Typical. We will take your longest beard and two longest spurs for the typical contest.

3. Now add your total Beard length and your total Spur length together in decimal form. This is your total score on your Turkey.

4. "CLOSE UP PHOTOS" must be posted of the beard and each spur being measured. Please try to make the measurements as clear as possible in posted photos, so just incase…. take a few extras. Here is a tip: Save a full size photo of each of your measurements under a different file name before you reduce it to TTPP board policy of a max of 640 pixels wide. That way if we can’t read the measurements from the posted photo, you can always email the judges the full size photo.

Only registered Posse members may enter.

DEAD LINE TO ENTER IS APRIL 1, 2007

Good luck to all.

Please enter on the contest sign up post!!!

Shane did such a good job of developing rules last year, we will use these same rules for 2006.

I just wanted to pop in and thanks Jim for jumping in and running the contest for us this year!! :):wub::)

Great job, Jim!!

Good Hunting Y'all!!! :)

Bob :P

Burnham Brothers will pitch in a Burnham Brothers Box call as well. I might as well enter the contest for I will kill a bird or two (might be with my pickup). I don't know how I will have a chance to win unless I can get Predator1 to post photos for me. There are going to be a lot of two year old birds killed this year as we have a bumper of the kamikazes. It is going to be tough to kill an old timer this year as there are simply not many of them and those that are still hanging around have heard every call in my arsenal.

Sign in to follow this