Sign in to follow this  
Hooter

Hooter's a virgin no more.....well almost!

Well............Deadeye invited old Hooter over to the Hobbs NM area today for some dog action. The morning started off "very" foggy. First stand we could hear the coyotes howling in the distant fog but they wouldn't come to the call. :unsure:

Second stand we are driving in to the area and jump several coyotes. By now the fog has lifted and they are moving around. Make a stand and no luck. Driving into third location............jump "more" coyotes. Park the truck to see if we can call them back in. Slipping into the call location and up pops another dog on top of a sand dune about 75 yards out. I guess it can't figure out if Deadeye and I are cows or what. We have the wind in our favor and the dog stands there just long enough for a 55 grain Nolser BT to find it's mark. :D Oh boy..........Hooter kills his first coyote! I guess you call this a target of opportunity, but hey...........I'll take it anyway I can get it. :rolleyes:

Thanks Deadeye for a great day of dog chasing! :wub::wub::wub:

I got a picture.............but for the life of me I can't get the darn thing sized right!

Hooter

hooteryote.jpg

Hey Hooter,

Congrats on your first coyote, even a target of opportunity! :)

You got to bloody your new rifle! Now you can go and call one in!!

Were y'all using the howls with the prey distress?

Good Hunting,

Bob :P

Hooter,

Wow, that is SOOO awesome to hear! :D

Congratulations are in order! :lol:

No you know how... go do it a buncha mo' times! :)

Krusty wave1.gif

Thanks Krusty! I will get one with one of your calls and that will be a happy day for me. :lol:

Hooter

hey hooter.......congrats on the first one........i well remember my first one....it was a drive by shootin'..... but we take em any way we can.....up to a point........i missed the darn thing at 50 yds. with my rem 700 .270 wcf....... and hit the critter at about 125 while he was runnin' flat out...

i had been reading a book by jack o'conner about hiting running game.... i just pulled out just past the tip of his nose and touched her off..... gut shot with 130 gr.core loks. could stuck a cantelope in the exit hole......i was excited..... that was

'bout 30 years ago.......ya know what........ i still get excited.......keep on gettin' after em.......

okc... :lol:

Hooter--I'm glad to hear you got that first coyote under your belt. The rest will come easy now :D:DNOT!!! Just keep after it and you'll get your share of called coyotes too. Great_Job.gif

Thanks for fixing that picture Bobcat. Maybe I will learn how to do it right one of these days! :unsure:

Hooter

Thanks for the support folks. That's what makes this group so special. :lol:

Hooter

Hey Hooter,

How was the fur? Did you skin him or strip the tail?

I was curious how they are doing out your way.....

Bob :P

The fur........according to Deadeye was in good condition. Since this was my first coyote, I don't know good from bad yet. :unsure: Deadeye ended up with the dog. Said something about taking it out to the shooting range and using it for target practice. :o

Hooter

Hey Hooter

Glad to have you and thanks for the kind words we will go agin real sone :) . There are a lot more places to go :D need to take you back out for a little PDog shooting and get you ready for may :P

Laters Dead Eye

Hey Dead Eye................you need to post the picture of that killer P-Dog that charged us the other day. :D Give the other guys that are coming in May some idea of how bad those little dogs really are! :)

Hooter

Sign in to follow this