Sign in to follow this  
Krustyklimber

Good Stuff for New Call Makers

We all should know by now www.allpredatorcalls.com has most of the reeds, reed materials, lanyards, packaging clamshells, etc.

But I thought I'd post a few of the others I know of;

Custom Calls Online: A bulletin board of mostly custom duck and turkey call makers, but more than a few of us who make predator calls are on there too.

A great place to find information, turning supplies, woods, and much more.

http://www.customcalls.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

Rockler Woodworking: A retail outlet, with everything for woodworking imaginable, including, precut turning blanks in the more popular woods, resin impregnated woods in dowel form, and exotic woods from all over the world.

My local store had scrap cuts of african rosewood, black walnut, and a couple others, for $3 a pound, the last time I stopped by.

http://www.rockler.com

Hut Products: Bulk reeds, turning supplies, finishes, pen mandrels...

http://www.hutproducts.com/

Anyone else know any good ones?

Krusty wave1.gif

Thanks Krusty

I have been thinking about making a run at this in the future, and I didn't have any idea where to start.

I vote that this post gets pinned at the top of the Hand Calls board.

Good ideer. Pin it and it can be added to when needed. I have a huge list of suppliers somewhere in my puter, Ill find em and pick out the best ones and post em if I get time.

I have been buying wood off of ebay lately, some good deals, some not so good. People get carried away with bidding, gets to a point where you could just order it from an online supplier cheaper so keep that in mind.

I am currently getting some wood and finishing supplies from a pool cue maker, they have some awsome wood to choose from but also stock reasonably priced wood that looks great. Ill get the name and post it, cant remember right now.

I still have some secret suppliers that I cant give up.

This message will self destruct in 5 seconds :D

Heres one

www.hideandfur.com

They sell all kinda of stuff from antlers to taxidermy fur mounts skins

This guy sells some awsome wood(mostly domestic) at SUPER reasonable prices, his name is Kevin, aka Woodeye on the net.

ioweo@yahoo.com

By the way, he ships you the wood, and if you like it, then you pay, if not you send it back.

Give him a shout.

I HAVE A SOURCE FOR LAMINATE GUN STOCK CUT OFFS (SECONDS, DUE MOSTLY TO SIZE), FROM A MANUFACTURE FOR REM & T/C STOCKS.

-LYNN FROM TNT CALLS HAS GOT WOOD FROM ME.

I CAN NORMALLY GET- BLACK, BROWN, BLACK&BROWN, REDWHITE&BLUE, CAMO(BLACK,BROWN&GREEN) AND PINK. THE CUT OFFS ARE JUST THAT, CUT OFF SECTIONS, ALL DIFFERENT SIZES IN DIFFERENT STAGES OF PRODUCTION.

I GET THESE FOR $1.23 A POUND. A POUND OF THIS STUFF IS A PIECE RIGHT AROUND 2"X2"X6"

THEY ALSO HAVE UNCUT SLABS 1.5" THICK AT AROUND 14"X24" (I'LL CHECK ON THE SIZE FOR SURE) BUT THEY WERE $65 AND 2 1/8" THICK FOR $95 (LAST YEAR) EXPENSIVE BUT NO WASTED TIME OR WOOD.

I GET A TRUCK LOAD, IN OCT, WHEN I GO BEAR HUNTING IN NORTHERN N.Y.

IF YOUR INTERESTED LET ME KNOW, I'LL MAKE A BIGGER ORDER. AND I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN GET.

-------THE SHIPPING IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE PART !!!!

can some body put a post of a web sight where you can get the inserts for a howler. I see that bobcat put up the web add. for the rubber bands (just dont like to here the other word for them) but if I was going to try and make a howler out of a cow horn then where will I go to get the insert at?? :unsure: thanks guy

Knife and Gun Supply, www.Knifeandgun.com has some of the best selection's of woods I have ever seen. Might want to check them out if you make them from scratch like I do. Hope this will help someone.

Beno

Sign in to follow this