TxMike

Gander Mountain is Going Out of Business! Closeout Sales!

Just got an Email stating that Gander Mountain has filed bankruptcy and is closing up shop. They are being acquired by Camping World. Out to be a chance to get some good deals! Confirmed on Gander Mountains website.

http://www.gandermountain.com/?cID=YM

Toward the end of the announcement, Gander Mountain makes it sound like Camping World is joining them, rather than them being absorbed by Camping World. Let us know if you find a true amazing bargain in their close-out sale. I'm a little dubious.

OP

I am wondering just how much they are discounting firearms during their "sale". I am going to run by the store in SA on the way back from Hondo today to take a look see.

On another note, I noticed an Orvis store has opened in SA. Haven't been in it as yet.

They are not too serious yet. Went by the Frisco location. One of the sales guys I know said they haven't started emptying the warehouses yet. He thought the real deals would not hit for a couple more months.

Went by the Frisco location....

Wildcards, where in Frisco is that store located? Anywhere close to where Coit intersects Stacy Rd., or whatever Stacy Rd. is called at that point? I'm going to be up that way in a couple of weeks, and if it's convenient to where I'll be, I might want to stop by and check them out.

OP

@OP, the store is located on the west side of the Dallas North Tollway at El Dorado and the Tollway. From Stacy & Coit, head west on Stacy, turns into Frisco Main Street. At the DNT turn north, take the El Dorado Texas turn-a-round back south. Gander is located on the west side just prior to reaching El Dorado.

Gander has 126 stores, and is closing all but 23 stores while they reorganize under chapt 11 bankruptcy. In 1996, Cabelas bought Gander's catalog operations that bailed out Gander then. They will complete the liquidation sale in September, try to successfully operate the remaining stores with a substantial sales per square foot profit. If they can survive past Christmas, they may merge with Camping World, but at present Camping World is poised to take over 70 Gander Stores.

Camping World runs 125 stores and their Good Sam operation nationwide. Hopefully, it can take on this much financial responsiibilty and survive! I've seen more than one sporting goods company become overloaded and drown!

As high as their prices are and the bad service , it is not a loss as far as I am concerned .

Went by the SA store couple of days ago, all camo was 50% off including under armor

Went to the Waco store , all their stuff was on sale , a lot of it 50% . Their guns were also on sale . Yes I did buy one , a CZ Bobwhite in 28 gauge . I have been looking at them for a while and it was 200 dollars cheaper than anywhere I've found them . Also bought ammo that was on sale Winchester AA about 7.50 a box . Somehow , boots , a pop up blind and some camo jumped in my cart .

Not a bad price on the Winchester AA's. And I envy the 28 gauge. Always wanted one, but never got around to it.

OP

The store in Tyler has been going out of business for what seems like months so I stopped by today to see if I could pick up any good deals. Everything I liked was 10pct off. Left and went to Academy and got stuff cheaper.