amigo

AR 15 new build

I will be building an AR 15 this Sunday at my local gun shop. I plan to shoot 5.56 ammo. Does unprimed 5.56 new LC brass require any special primer pocket attention? Any recommendation of 5.56 die set? Should the brass be crimped?

I do reload, but never for semi-auto nor 5.56.

thanks

Unprimed new Lake City brass shouldn't required anything special other than checking the length. I wouldn't worry about crimping the brass either. I've reloaded and shot thousands of rounds thru my AR's and never had an issue. I myself like the Hornady Custom Grade Dies.

Jhop is correct , you don't have to crimp and the primer pockets are standard , not military . But like he said , for the best results trim to length . Which you know since you reload . I do put just a minor crimp on mine , but it is just a preference thing for me .

I think this is a great thing for a gun shop to be doing! I will look forward to the final weapon!!

Modern Elite Firearms is the shop in Hill Country Village, Texas. It is actually surrounded by San Antonio, and ten minutes from my house.

They hold the class on the last Sunday of the month, and limit it to four people.

More info

http://www.modernelitefirearms.com/

Got 'er done. Wasn't able to build on Sunday as was called out of town.

Completed today. Spikes stripped lower receiver w/ Crusader logo, Wilson match stainless 16" 1:8 barrel, 3lb timney trigger, Fail Zero nickel boron bolt carrier, BCMgunfighter charging handle, Magpul CRT stock, and DiamondHead free floating handguard,Also, put on some DiamondHead flip up sights. I'll be getting a Nikon M223 4-`6x42 next month.

Completion took about 2.5 hours. Dang small springs and pins are a PIA!

IMG_2022_zpsvbv6yts5.jpg[/u

IMG_2013_zpsimepfdcr.jpg

RL]

IMG_2016_zpsm1a0uu6z.jpg

IMG_2019_zpslz3yayq8.jpg

IMG_2021_zpstcuhysdc.jpg

IMG_2024_zps0rqye5h1.jpg

Nice. And to think, I have trouble assembling the cap back onto my water bottle. Congrats!!!

OP

Nice rifle. I have spent some time on my hands and knees looking for pins and springs. Which it makes it convenient because I usually end up asking the man upstairs for help in finding the buggers.