Hi,

Any news on pd's in the panhandle? Would like to shoot some this year.

Only place I had left in the Pan Handle sold out to wind generators and they don't want people shooting around them . With the way I have seen shot up farm equipment , windmills and other stuff , can't blame them . We went by a bunch of our old places last year and nothing was to be found . Went by Fred's , he wasn't home , but didn't see any pasture maggots there either .

Probably did , went right through some that were rebuilding .

I talked to the Rita Blanca office and they told me that the plague got about 96 percent of the dogs on the Texas side. The kill was not as bad in New Mexico, but there was some loss there too. The problem went all the way to I25. The folks at Rita Blanca said they would prefer that hunting be reduced or stopped until they have a chance to recover. From what I can find out, the plague also worked on the prairie dogs in the Springfield,Co area also. Looks like us prairie dog shooters are in for a challenge finding enough dogs to support much hunting. Not good news, but I thought you would like to know what I found out.

Finally, someone posts something! Yeah, the place we go to near Dalhart said they were all killed off. 2nd year in a row we have been unable to snipe. Darn.

Heard of one place that charged $200.00 a day to shoot at a marginal population . Way too much for my blood , lost interest when they said 200.00 . Ain't that mad at em .