Sign in to follow this  
Slew

Belton Lake Tourney!!!

Missed the Rondy this year cause we had a tournament at Belton lake. I was planning to skip it in my mind but we were leading the AOY standings so we decided to go and I'm glad we did!! Never seen the lake until Thursday morning! We caught crappie everywhere we went! Most folks felt if you could catch 9 pounds you were gonna win and we did that both days prefishing. Sat we had as good of a day as we could hope for and ended up with 7 fish that weighted 10.27 pounds. Finished second to some friends who one lives there and has fished the lake forever! He said that was the best day he's ever had on the lake! We come home with a cooler full of slabs and $520 so it was a good weekend!!

Wish I had known you were going to be there....I would have come by to see you at the weigh-in. I only live about 15 miles from the dam across the lake there on Belton. Maybe next year. Congrats on a good outing.

OP

and you were worried because you hadn't fished it before . You done good .

I'm real happy with it!! Crappie fest on Fork April 1st. Then Rayburn 3rd Sat in May!! Gotta keep it up!!

You and Coyote need to team up and make a TV show together. You could take him crappie fishing, and he could shoot cormorants

or something out of the trees you fish beside. I would watch it. Think about it!

OP

I know I could catch plenty of catfish under cormorant trees!! Prolly could catch some slabs too!!

I know I could catch plenty of catfish under cormorant trees!! Prolly could catch some slabs too!!

We used to look for the "white trees" up on Richland-Chambers to both rod and reel fish, and to set out trotlines. Usually paid off.

OP

Sign in to follow this