jhop

Hunting after the Rondy

Myself and Terry T. decided we'd like to go hunting Saturday night after the Rondy was over. So down the road we go for the 2 1.2 hour drive to my house then another hour down the road to one other Hog Assassins hunting spots. We were hunting pigs. However, since Terry T. won a call lanyard at the Rondy and bought a nice hand call from Parker game calls, we figured we do a little calling as well. As we drove to a field the farmer we hunt for said he'd seen pig damage in I spotted a coyote in a couple fields over through my thermals. After checking for pigs and fresh rooting I started calling with a Miniblaster. Sure enough that yote I'd seen a couple fields over came trotting into view. As the yote started circling to get down wind of us Terry T. dropped him. Then he moved over and dropped a opossum that had come in for an easy meal too. On to the next field. We sat on this field and waited and scanned for pigs for awhile. We finally decided no pigs were coming in. So I started calling again. I soon spotted something coming in on a straight line from well over 400 yards away. At first I thought it was a coyote but it was too small. My next thought was a fox by the way it was coming in so fast. However I soon realized it was a bobcat. Now, I've picked up my 6.8 and I'm trying to call and look through the thermals at the same time while using a tripod as a rifle rest. The bobcat stopped about a hundred yards out and briefly started at us. Less than 5 seconds later it was on the move closing the distance and starting to circle us. Without even giving the other guys a chance I dropped the Bobcat with a single shout from 6.8 spc. As we're comh out of the fields one of the local sheriff's deputies stops us to see what we're up to. A brief visit with him and we're on our way to our next field. We spot a good sized hog in this field. We put the stock on him and dropped him. We look over a few more field and call in nothing but coons. We let them all walk.

Some pictures of the nights hunt

post-19345-0-24793100-1489928712_thumb.jpg

post-19345-0-86117800-1489928752_thumb.jpg

post-19345-0-91553500-1489928804_thumb.jpg

I'm using the Armasight Zeus 640 3-24×75mm

Great hunt!

Good job on the critters and for not posting a picture of Terry . Really sounds like you guys had a great night .