bobweekend

sierra blanca tx, March 18-19

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/31.0580495,-105.3546357//@31.0596176,-105.3694265,6134m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

Just got 40 acres at the above location. I will be visiting it for the first time this weekend.

The pictures of the area make it look like there are Coyotes, big cats, snakes, and more. What should I expect to find this time of year.

OP mentioned ticks. ( need to make sure I have my tick shampoo) and smugglers of various kinds. I will be camping in my van.

Arriving late Friday, the realtor suppose to meet me at the gas station at 9am to show me the place. Staying all day Sat, returning home on Sunday.

Taking my hunting supplies just in case there is a critter that needs a nice warm bed in my solar oven.

Just to verify TX resident does not need a permit/license for Coyotes, hogs, etc...

If anyone wishes to join me that would be fun.

Thanks,

Bob

looks like an awesome place sir. Not going to be your lawyer but yes. kill hawgs and dawgs till you run out of ammo. You will need ice and bug repellent. What dates are u going to hunt? I have an e caller and night hunting equipment.

Only kill what will fit in my freezer, heading there this Friday and staying the weekend.

Good hunting! Most of us will be at our 13th Annual Posse Rendezvous....................

My plans were made well before joining this, Would like to join your 29th annual hunt except it conflicts with another event already planned.

FYI You will have to have a hunting license..

From http://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outdoor-annual/licenses/hunting-licenses-and-permits

A hunting license is not required to hunt the following:

• Coyotes, if the coyotes are attacking, about to attack or have recently attacked livestock, domestic animals or fowl.
  • Depredating feral hogs, if a landowner (resident or non-resident) or landowner's agent or lessee is taking feral hogs causing depredation on the landowner's land.
  • Fur-bearing animals, if the hunter possesses a trapper's license or if the fur-bearing animals are causing depredation.

As it turned out my land was devoid of any signs of life. The only droppings in the area were from horses. Did see a couple road runners when I started the trip back. Need to dig a pond or something to attract critters.

Bob