amigo

Gander Mtn

The Gibson's in Kerrville is amazing. Lots of hunting and shooting supplies............old school.

The Gibson's in Kerrville is amazing. Lots of hunting and shooting supplies............old school.

Yepper that's the way the one in Weatherford is. They used to have a big deer contest that I got lucky and won one year...

We have a Gander Mountain in Round Rock, old Sportsman Warehouse location. Place is empty most of the time. I have bought a few things there over the years that were on sale, other than than that they are I high in price. I did talk to a salesman in there last week he said that they would close in May and that there would not be a big going out of business sale as most inventory will be sent to stores that are staying open. He said there might be a few items that they discount. I wish they would bring back the Sportsman Warehouse. The Academy near me has gone down hill since they were bought out, rarely have anything in stock as far as common fishing/hunting items.

. The Academy near me has gone down hill since they were bought out....

Who bought out Academy? I hope that is not a trend.

Who bought out Academy? I hope that is not a trend.

They were bought by a New York Investment firm a year or so ago. They just don't keep stuff in stock any more. You nearly always hve to order it from the website then have it shipped to store. Real pain if you need it now. The shipping is quick though.

Not good. I really haven't noticed a difference in the Temple store lately, but then again I don't go in for much anymore. I do like the fact online that if you order at least $25, you get it shipped for free. I haven't had a real need to go in since I stocked up on .22 WMR ammo about 6 months ago, finally. I didn't get it from them, either. They always had some "last month" every month I would go in, which was every month. I finally gave up on them.

OP

Not good. I really haven't noticed a difference in the Temple store lately, but then again I don't go in for much anymore. I do like the fact online that if you order at least $25, you get it shipped for free. I haven't had a real need to go in since I stocked up on .22 WMR ammo about 6 months ago, finally. I didn't get it from them, either. They always had some "last month" every month I would go in, which was every month. I finally gave up on them.

OP

That is pretty much the way it is on a lot of stuff. I went 3 weeks ago to buy a tent they had on sale in case I was able to make the Rondy, they said they were out but would have them next week. Next week I went in and they told me they were out, they had some last week. I told him BS I was in here last week. It is right by my house so I am forced to go there LOL.

A few months ago, I went in the Temple Academy to their gun department, and asked the guy behind the counter if he had a Walther CCP I could look at (I wanted to price one). He told me that Walther did not make a CCP handgun. I told him that was strange, since a friend of mine in Baytown has just bought one. He said it must have been a PPK. I told him okay, and walked out. Doesn't give me much confidence in Academy's opinion on guns.

OP

It's official, Gander Mountain is filing for Chapter 11. Received a notice in the mail, guessing due to my part time gig.

Saturday stopped by San Antonio store that is closing, big banner out front 30% off, however once you get inside changes to 10-30% with very few 30%.

Also disclaimer no discount on firearms or ammo; since I was there I bought several boxes of 410 slugs for my Bond, Checked my receipt and they gave 15% off..so who knows. Will go back in a couple of weeks to check to see if I can get a deal on a scope