Sign in to follow this  
Doublez

Trolling

I know that there are several guys out there that will troll, playing the call while driving around. I am curious if anyone would want to give some advice or pointers for trolling? We have had mixed success while trolling. We are in an area where there are a lot of foxes, and we want maximize the amount of foxes we see in a hunt.

I have called a lot of bobcats and fox near Robert. I think your best bet is to just call good spots and move to the next. Foxes won't let you know they are there like coyotes will. Good Hunting!!

I have trolled many times. Depends on your terrain. We have popped as many foxes from trolling as we have from setting up and calling. We have a major area where there's nothing but prickly pears and short mesquites. A very good field of view. Have also used this kind of hunting on cleared fields near Lake Allan Henry and had good success on Coyotes. I think Bob reverts back in time and stays true to the past. I believe he and shooter put their call out on the ground at night. Something I'm not a fan of at all. I want eyes looking my direction to see them before they get to me.

We have noticed that we have to keep volume a little louder so they have already committed towards the. Road and we only play sound from the front of the truck. I don't recommend this if your only using 1 light. 2 or 3 minimum and if hunting fox be sure and have a shotgun. When we see eyes we use walkiies to get driver to stop and turn off truck. Turn volume down and squeak them on in. Piece of cake. I know guys that do this during the day for greys and they swear it still works then

Sign in to follow this