Bobby Tomek

this "Revolution" is really a subtle change

Nope. No talk of politics. I decided to get a 2nd Revolution thumbhole buttstock from Marty at Haus of Arms for my 7-30 Waters. I had a Boyd's pepper laminate on it, and while it worked well, it just did not give me the fit/eye alignment I prefer when using scopes with larger objectives. The Revolution lines up better with the axis of the bore for me and gives me an instantaneous sight picture when the gun comes up to the shoulder.

Bev saw a few hogs about a mile from the house just before dark today, and I sure hope they move this way soon so I can christen it properly. :D

Here are a couple "now and then" pictures.

revolution-7-30-LOW-REZ_zpsyls0ncok.jpg
boar-12-25-16-color_zps8mpyakci.jpg

Thanks. After swapping stocks, I fired one shot at 200 yards. It was about 5.25" low but perfect left-right. So I adjusted the scope and fired another. It was dead-on, so I tried one more just for grins, and it basically overlapped the previous hole. I called it a day after that.

Of course, I', a bit obsessive-compulsive when it comes to accuracy and consistency. So I'm sure I'll be burning another round or so over the next week or two just to confirm that everything is still as it should be.

What I really need, though, is a hog to cooperate for me... :D

Looking good. I can't wait for the "test".