Sign in to follow this  
DesertRam

Arizona critters

Since I had an Arizona license about to expire, I took a week off and got a little more out of it. I had a great time calling various terrain with hunting buddies old and new. Of numerous critters called and shot, these are my favorites.

My first night-time coyote, and first time out with that 6x45 upper.

Troy30Jan2017CoyotePosed-_zpsrkr2vr3v.jp

My first double on fox. These were two of the three that came in on one stand.

Troy03Feb2017FoxPair-_zpstxegzg9d.jpg

I've already started making plans to return next year.

That is awesome. Congrats! What bullet/powder are you running in the 6x45? Back in the '80s I had an XP rebarreled to 6mm-.223 and absolutely loved it. It's still one of my favorite cartridges.

Good hunt. It's nice to see younger people who love hunting, as is obvious in your eyes, and who have the knowledge, skill, and equipment to pull it off. Gives me hope for the future.

OP

Anytime hunting and away from work is great , especially when you pile the critters up .

Thanks guys.

Bobby, for now I'm just shooting some factory Corbon ammo I got on closeout for a smokin' deal (almost cheaper than buying the Lapua brass it's loaded in). They use 62 grain Varmint Grenades. I was actually surprised at how little damage they did. I shot a fox with that rifle before the coyote and the hide was in much better shape then most of those I've seen shot with a .223. I didn't even exit the coyote.

Sign in to follow this