Bennie

First big nasty with the new 300 WSM

Billie and I went to the lease for a couple days to fix the faucet and door locks on the huntin cabin . Thought I'd do a little pig hunting this evening . This big ole nasty came in . I haven't shot anything with the new BLR 300 WSM and was wanting a big nasty to shoot . The good Lord made it happen for me . Never took a step , he was DRT , was shooting a 165 TTSX . Warning the pics are a little bloody , so if that offends you , don't look . Don't have a scale , but best guess is he weighs about 175 to 200 , had heck gettin him in the truck .

post-27-0-34900100-1486864950_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-83155700-1486865020_thumb.jpg

That's a PERFECT way to christen a new rifle. Congrats on putting that one on the ground!

Bennie I shoot the 150gr TTSX bullets in my .300 WM. I have had great success with them. I've been thinking about getting the 165gr bullets. It looks like they did as good, if not better than, the 150grs I use.

Everyone I talked to that shot them recommended the 165 grainers for most critters and 180s plus for dangerous game , such as Grizzlies . The bloody side is the exit , I normally shoot for the head , but wanted to see what it would do on the shoulder , had an angle shot on the shoulder . Was impressed with the carnage and of course bullet exited , so couldn't check it . I am satisfied it will do what I got it for . Africa or maybe Alaska if I ever get the chance again .

That rifle and bullet combo should stop anything you get a chance to hunt in the lower 48

Good Job. It's fixing to be planting season around here.