Sign in to follow this  
Buglemintoday

LH Varmint rifles...

Not too many choices for a lefty these days. I am thinking about ordering one of the Remington 700 SPS Varmints in .22-250, I like that it has the 26" barrel.

Most .22-250's I am seeing have a 22" barrel. Tikka T3x, Savage Model 11 Trophy Hunter, Browning X-bolt.

Does anyone have any experiences with any of these? I was thinking Bob had one of the Savage combo rifles (perhaps the model 11? Comes with the scope). Mainly wanting one to compliment my .204 Ruger when I want to change things up. I don't prairie dog hunt, so it will be a calling rifle.

Thanks in advance for any reviews for these rifles

I have a Model 11 22-250. I donated the scope to the Rendezvous. I bought the rifle, put in a Rifle Basix trigger and topped it with a Nikon Monarch 3 4-16x42 scope. It shoots sub-MOA.

Savage%20Mod%2011%2022-250%20R_zpshdtayc

I have 1 of the Savage mdl 11 combos . It shot 1 in hi at 100 yds right out of the box never had to adjust anything its in 243 .I have another mdl 11 in 22-250 it took a little adjusting to get it zero'd in but they both have never had any problems and the 243 has accutrigger the 22-250 does not but I worked it over and theres not much difference between them.

Thanks for the responses, I think I am going to get myself one of the Model 11 combo rifles in .22-250. I was worried that the 22" barrel would lose a lot of velocity compared to the 26"...but at the ranges I shoot I don't think it matters.

Sign in to follow this