Sign in to follow this  
Slew

Momma's first deer in 4 years!!

Had an adult weekend with our friends at their Graford ranch this last weekend! Went I the Safari Club show Friday afternoon and stayed at his place in town Friday eve cause the roads were pretty bad! Got up and headed to the ranch Sat morning! Has to do some work around the ranch first then crawled in a stand with Amanda about 345. Finally had a lone doe in range about 530 and she made a good shot and put her down within sight of the feeder!! Got her cleaned and in the cooler before it got too cold! Looked t game cameras that eve and he had a tripod pigs were hitting most mornings early so I got up Sunday morning and climbed in a cold metal tripod in 21 degree weather and was rewarded with a sounder of pigs hitting the feeder about 720! Put the 50gr Vmax on a spotted ones ear and down she went! I waited about ten minutes and a black one showed back up!! Ear holed her too and went back to camp to warm up about 735!! Those are my kind of hunts!! Got them cleaned and in the cooler once it warmed up some! Had a good weekend with momma! Was glad to get her in the woods some!! Time to make sausage again! Black pepper garlic smoked links and green onion smoked sausage and breakfast pan sausage will be coming up soon!!

post-222-0-13058400-1483977858_thumb.png

post-222-0-97667900-1483977870_thumb.png

Way to go! Glad to see her still sporting the pink!

From the 2008 Posse Whitetail Hunt.

IMG_0450.jpg

Congrats all the way around!!! Your freezer will be brimming with lots of good stuff soon.

That buck is hanging in our living room!! That's still her best buck and first deer!! Pretty good start she had!!

Wonderful times make great memories and who better to share them with if not your spouse and children!!

I use to hunt off that landing on that old storage tank . Good place to call Yotes from too . Can see a long ways . That is a great place for some good deer and lots of hogs . Congrats on the doe , good eats .

I'm excited about all the turkeys he has! Neat he has a variety of critters!! We had to deal with some busted pipes this weekend but not a big problem at all. Maybe try and figure out something better this summer as far as keeping the drain lines from freezing and busting in winter!

Very nice!

Sign in to follow this