Sign in to follow this  
Slew

Season ender!!

Did some bowhunting after we got bubba his doe and turkey. Him and Grampy slept in one day and I managed to see a good 8pt right before dark but he came in from behind the feed pen and left the same way so I never was able to get a bow shot on him. We went back the next evening and Langdon was coughing the whole time. He has ran off 7-8 deer already and I would have just packed it in and went back to camp if I didn't have to drive right by dad to get there so I stayed put. About 525 he came out behind the feed pen sgain and I was expecting a repeat of the night before but there were 2 small bucks in my hand corn in front of the pen and another one ran up and went to eating while he was standing behind the pen surveying the situation. I guess he figured he would join them and I was ready for him the second he came around the front of the pen he was broadside at 22yds and the other deer scattered when he came in. I came to pull draw and was settling my pin on his shoulder about the time 2 of the other bucks came back and covered him up!!! Uggg!! This has happened to me all season!! Seemed like minutes but it was probsbly 15-20 seconds when he looked towards the 2 small bucks and they took off again! He had his leg back so I waited for him to take one more step and sent the 100gr slick trick and nocturnal on its way!! I drilled him right where I was aiming but had a good bit of the arrow and the green nocturnal sticking out his shoulder as he took off! I was somewhat nervous as I waited 30 minutes to go look for my arrow. I couldn't find the arrow or any blood. I headed the way he went and found blood sprayed all over 30-40 yards away and looked up to find my buck laying 15 yards from where I was standing. Good times!!

post-222-0-74221700-1483322604_thumb.png

That's a gooden , congrats ! Good way to end the season , but there is still doe and spike season going for a couple weeks .

What a great way to end the season. Congrats on a nice buck and a very good shot as well.

Sign in to follow this