Sign in to follow this  
Slew

He did it again!!! Double double!!

Made our last trip to the lease after Christmas with Langdon, Grampy, and me!! He was after a hen turkey and a doe this trip! When I asked why a hen turkey he said because he's already killed gobblers but not a hen!!! Good enough for me!! I set a popup off a feeder about 40yds by the camp that axis, deer, and turkeys hit daily on our last trip in anticipation of him for this trip! Well the wind was wrong the first day so we went elsewhere. Finally the wind was good so I told him we would go there in the evening. We crawled into the blind about 330 and shortly before 5 a flock of turkeys came through and he got his hen!! He told me that nothing else was gonna come out now so we should head back to camp! (He brought his toys from Santa so I suspect that's where the go back to camp part was coming from.). I told him if he was quiet and still I bet him a $1 we would see some other animals! About 30 minutes later we had a small 4 point and 3 does come in. One was big! She finally got right and he made the shot. She piled up about 100yds at the edge of the wood line.

First thing he asked me when we found her was did he still owe me a dollar??? Heck yeah you do little man!!!

Nice way to end 2016. Congratulations to the both of you.

OP

All right!! Way to go Langdon!! What a team!!!

I LOVE that photo!!

Happy New Year! Tell Mom I said "Hey" too!

Well done young man and to Dad too . Making memories for years to come .

That is fantastic. Your son is truly an outdoorsman. I pity his teachers in years to come when the fall seasons arrive.

Sign in to follow this