Sign in to follow this  
Archie

Hunt report--Brinlee Ranch

I did say I would report back, just got back home last night. I'll keep this kinda short. There's plenty of game, even have some mule deer. Didn't know they ranged that far east. This place is out around Sheffield, Tx, real close to the edge of the world where it drops off, they got wi-fi, but no cell service. Not that I really care. Hunts are semi-guided and they go over and above to put you on game. They allow 1buck and 2 does, my son and I both limited, both got nice 8 pointers. Game is dressed and iced down, so we got lots of cutting up to do. I really feel that you get your $ worth, we had a great time.

Archie

Good news that they live up to expectations . Congrats to you both on a successful hunt . Yes , the work begins .

Sounds like you and your son got your money's worth, and had a good time doing it. Nice going.

OP

Best part about it was it was a trip planned months ago by my wife and son as a Christmas gift. It don't get any better than that.

Archie

My deer lease is 40 miles south of Sheffield near Dryden. It is almost to the end of civilization. No WIFI and spotty cell service with Verizon, no cell service with AT&T

Texan, almost to the end? We thought about topping off the fuel in Sheffield. Only station we found was For Sale, had a skeleton sitting behind the desk inside, and the last price posted on the sign outside was $1.00/gal. Been a while. Archie

Archie I did the same thing when I was going to inspect the lease for the 1st time. Thought I would stop in Sheffield and get ice, gas, and maybe a sandwich or two. There is nothing there. My stop now is Ozona for ice and other things. Sanderson is about 28 miles from my lease and it has a couple of pretty good places to eat.

Sign in to follow this