Sign in to follow this  
Bennie

Fun couple days at the lease

Went to the lease the last few days . No big bucks , but did put a good sow and a doe down . Drove up on the pigs and they took off running , knocked the sow down at about 75 yards , but the others got away . Was walking back to the truck this morning and the doe sacrificed herself to me . Walked up on each other , she stood and let me get to one knee (don't do offhand real good anymore) . Put a 123 grain SST through her neck at about 100 yards . This gun hunting is much easier than bow hunting .

post-27-0-47424400-1482282870_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-23345600-1482282885_thumb.jpg

Well done, Bennie! That 123 grain SST is serving you well...

My 6.5x30-30 AI, which I shoot those in, is currently unscoped but am hoping the new one arrives tomorrow. If so, I hope to score something with one of those SSTs soon as well. They've done very well for me on a few hogs so far.

They sure put the smack down on whatever I've shot . Nearly all are DRT . That 6.5 Creedmore is a beast .

I give a lot of meat and veggies to those in need around town .

I like the fact that you are using a "normal looking" gun....I'm sort of old-fashioned, I guess, but it's what I prefer. Liking what you're shooting is half the fun anyhow.

OP

Jerry , I love that Bergara . That is the gun I won early last year . It is a 6.5 Creedmore and is a very accurate rifle , can out shoot me most days . Plus with the 123 grain SST , it knocks the poo out of whatever I hit with it , they are running a little over 2900 FPS .

Looks like you've had a heck of season Bennie!!

I still think you are having too much fun for an ole retired guy. Keep after em!!

I have the Woodsman Model . Excellent shooter . Can out shoot me most days .

Sign in to follow this