TheOldPro

Couple of Questions about Cleaning Brass Cases

I myself don't care for the red walnut stuff, makes to big of a mess to me.

I've read that, in my perusing the information on cleaning hulls. Some report that it leaves a residue on the brass that can mess up your dies. I'll more than likely only use it on the hulls that are really dirty, like the ones I find a year later after shooting them.

. I have however had some that I didn't take some excess lube off , gather said while shooting pasture maggots , the reason I do it .

I've had the same thing happen to some rifle bullets I've reloaded, even after wiping them down with a cloth afterwards. Good suggestion.

On dirty cases I clean with walnut fist, followed by polishing with corn cob and a teaspoon of polish added.

Sounds better than mixing the two together like some I have read do. I think this will be my method of choice on the dirtier hulls at least.

Ive used a vibrator with corn cob or walnut for years had what I thought was good performance from both . Bought a tumbler that uses the stainless steel pins several months ago and its so much of an improvement I don't think I will ever go back to the vibrator. When the brass comes out its as clean as new primer pocket and entire inside of the case .