Sign in to follow this  
Bennie

Good couple days at the lease

Hico44 (Curtis) and I ran down to the lease for a couple days . I had a great couple days . First I caught up with a Cull Buck I've been looking for . He took a 129 grain SST from my 6.5 Creedmore in the nose . Needless to say the tracking job was easy , tracked him all the way to the ground . This morning I was sitting in a blind and a decent size Fallow Buck walked through an opening and I couldn't get a shot . So I got out of the blind and started following him and finally caught up with him after about 30 minutes . He was about 100 yards , I had a good brace and I kinda gave a little grunt , he turned and looked at me and I put a 129 grain in his oxygen factories . Watched him go down and did my fat boy happy dance , as this is the first Fallow Buck we've seen on the place . He will make a fine Euro mount .

post-27-0-70150200-1481159841_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-68515800-1481159997_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-01728000-1481160130_thumb.jpg

That is a gorgeous fallow...and a good "eater" cull whitetail, too. Yep, you had a productive couple of days...congrats!!!

Gotta like the horns on the fallow deer! I'm also glad you got the cull buck....we can't kill one like that in my county because of the spread requirement, although I think that is a mistake. Best of all, you got it in before this cold spell that's coming hits. Looks like you won all the way around.

OP

I have heard that fallow deer is good eating too??

It's terrible eating!!!! If you will send the processed meat to me, I will dispose of it appropriately and even pay the postage. Wouldn't want you to get sick on this horrible stuff. We need to help each other out here on the Posse.

OP

It is good , not as good as Axis , but edible . Jerry , I guess I'll have to suffer through it .

It is good , not as good as Axis , but edible . Jerry , I guess I'll have to suffer through it .

It was worth a try.

Sign in to follow this