Dunno about commercial scents, coyotes are smart. Best I know of is to set up bait stations using game bones and scraps if you have 'em. You can also get meat scraps from your butcher along with residue from cleaning the machines, put some water with that and freeze in milk cartons to preserve it. Just set those out at your chosen station, let 'em thaw, and wait for the dogs to find them. Coyote popsicles! Archie

I have also been considering catfish stink bait...

If set out properly on the edge of a tree line, it's highly unlikely many channel cats will show up, but a few curious coyotes might. Give it a try.

OP

I have tried the Coyote Juice, and never had any luck. Seem to do better with a mix of Tink's #69, Coon, and Red Fox piss, but it is more of a cover scent than lure. Trying some lure Jim Brooks sent home with me last trip through Menard this winter, and home to see some success.

Cal

Never had any experience with Coyote Juice but I used to get this stuff called Bunny in a Bottle from Tony Tebbe over in New Mexico. That stuff was incredible! I'd set a wick bottle next to the call and it seemed to give shy coyotes the extra confidence they needed to come in to the call. Great stuff. Unfortunately, Tony has always attracted the attention of the PETA folks and he quit making it a few years ago. I'd love to find a replacement. I've tried fox pee and all sorts of bait I use for trapping. Never had much improvement except with that Bunny in a Bottle.

Well, I ran onto a bottle down in my tool box over the weekend, and decided to squirt down a big rock along a trail that leads so and from a coyote dig along our fence. Dig had some signs of recent use, as it does about this time every year.......seems it is on the road to a den used in spring, as I usually snare a jip there when I see it in use again, but never a male. Anyhow, I swung by there this morning to see if any sign something checked it out, and something had peed all over that darn rock! Ground all around was dry as powder, but the rock and a little dirt right there was soaked, even a little puddle on top of the rock where a dimple was. Going to set a trail cam up and see who my PPer is, and then maybe just set a snare in that old hole.

Will keep ya'll informed on what I learn.

Cal