GonHuntin

7-08 for the win

Good job GH! It's been a weird year at our place too. One of our guys was in a terrible accident two years ago on a toll road in Dallas - some donkey cut him off and he plowed into a bridge pillar. Broke just about every bone in his body! Anyway, with all he's gone thru during recovery, they discovered a tumor that has formed around his spine. He has passed up surgery until after deer season, but he got his buck last week! One of the 5 8 pointers we've taken this year!

Stay tough man, you still have a lot more deer seasons left!

Mark, in reading today's newspaper (Democrat-Gazette) I noticed where a girl killed an elk with a 7mm-08 near the Buffalo River Management Area. Arkansas allows for a few elk permits and I was tickled to see that a young lady used our favorite hunting rifle to get the job done.

The 7-08 flat gets the job done......if I remember correctly, Sarge killed a Kudu with Bob's 7-08 when they were in Africa.

I go through the Buffalo River area every fall on the way to Mountain View.......I see the elk crossing signs every year and watch for elk but I've never seen one. Sure is beautiful country.

I killed a Black Bear that weighed a little over 400 lbs in Manitoba some years back with a 7-08 , shooting 140 grain bullet . He ran maybe 40 yards and piled up . It is a very good round for many purposes .