Sign in to follow this  
Slew

Little man doubled up!!!

Took the whole family to the lease after Thanksgiving and little man was able to get his first deer! We hunted from the bow blinds with the 223 on a tripod and had plenty of action Friday morning! Finally a narrow 8 with short tines stopped broadside in the hand corn at 25yds and bubba put it right where it needed to be!! The deer jumped about 8' in the air and took off!! He wanted to go get it immediately but I told him we had to wait 30 minute before we go look. This was 720 in the morning so I told him at 750 we could go look for his deer! Figured it would give me 30 minutes to bow hunt!! He agreed to that but said he still wanted to fee his first auodad too and what if they came in? I'm gonna get back down to the lease again in a couple weeks so I set the bow down and put him back on my lap to see if an auodad came in. Dang if not 5 minutes after he shot the deer there's a lonw auodad in the hand corn standing right where the deer was!! He lined up and let the 223 bark again! The 50gr Vmax hit right behind the shoulder and the auodad tensed up and stood there a minutes. Then ran about five steps and fell over!! We watched it for the next 25 minutes and got out at 750 to take pictures and go look for the deer! The deer made it about 65yds with a blood trail even I could follow easily and went right through the deer. The auodad there wasn't an exit but I wasn't expecting one. Picked up a 243 for him to try and get used to using for the bigger animals but I guess he's good for now with the 223!! Took the whole family one evening so momma could hunt! Little sister squealed the whole time riding the ranger! It was like taking an ambulance to the blind!! Haha! Fun times!!

post-222-0-12544900-1480348164_thumb.jpeg

Amazing stuff! That's what hunting is supposed to be about.

OP

Awesome! There's nothing better than that!

Good that you can spend this time with the little man . Making memories for the future .

Sign in to follow this