Sign in to follow this  
Slew

Texas State Crappie Championship!!

Well, we won that one too!!!

Had a heck of a season. Went over 2 weeks ago and fished it for the first time. Spent one day on one side of the lake and one on the other. The first day was pretty good the second was pretty poor! No biggie! Eliminated half the lake and spent our last prefishing day Thursday in the side we did good again and scanned like crazy and found another 20/30 spots but only a few holding good fish!! We had 9-9.5 pounds fhe first trip and close to 10 the second so hearing all the dock talk at registration that night I felt pretty confident but then again fisherman lie so who knows!!!

Day one was a perfect as it could get and we brough 11 pounds even to the scale, the only double digit weight either day for either division. Day two we were met with 15-25 mph winds and crowds on some of our spots from our weight the day before but still managed 8.85 pounds and won our division by a pound!!! Would have won the pro Divison by even more!! Good confidence booster for next year and the night cap on a perfect season!!

Time to fling an arrow now!!!

post-222-0-63564300-1476778094_thumb.jpeg

post-222-0-08682200-1476778137.png

Little mans fired up about winning!!! Ed with Pro Angler tackle gives the Winning Jr angler $25 in each tourney heck he's give Langdon more money than we have this year!! Me and my buddy pitched in for the state championship with $50 a piece so me had a pretty good weekend too!!!

post-222-0-94144300-1476778328_thumb.jpeg

post-222-0-26827000-1476778484_thumb.jpeg

... but then again fisherman lie so who knows!!!

I beg your pardon? I fish too, you know, and I would never lie, even to protect the whereabouts of the 24 lb. largemouth bass I caught and released last year just so it could continue propagating the species!!! You need to be careful about wild accusations, Slew. Otherwise, congratulations on a great tournament and win (and mostly good pictures). You better keep an eye on Langdon, though. When he gets old enough to drive a boat by himself, you just may be fishing against him rather than with him from the looks of things.

OP

Sign in to follow this