Sign in to follow this  
Slew

Season ender!!

Been too busy to post a report and my phone updated and I don't think I can even post sideways pics anymore so bummed about that. Fished the last qualifier for Crappie Anglers of Texas last weekend and managed another win. I've fished Fork for 15 years and never been right next door to Tawakoni!! It was the last stop before the state championship on Lake Lewisville. Prefished it for the first time 2 weeks earlier and had 50 keepers in the boat in 3 hours and 15 minutes!! Heck of a way to start a new lake!! No big fish but solid black crappie!!! Best 7 went about 8.25 I guess! Went back a few days later and stuck to timber and had over 11 pounds and felt really good!!! Went back with a friend a couple days later and fished new trees and managed another box full of fish about 9.5 pounds and even caught a 25lb flathead on a crappie jig!! That was fun!! Tourney day we were met with storms and lots of rain!! Fish were scattered and trees gave up small fish for me but we had some other stuff we liked and pulled some fat black crappie off of and managed 8.65 pounds and another first place in our division. They calculate angler of the year off 6 of the 7 tourneys so everybody gets a drop tournament which is nice!! We dropped a second place score of 99 and finished the season with a perfect 600 point season!! Pretty proud of that! Off to the Pro division next year.

post-222-0-56476000-1472428982_thumb.jpeg

post-222-0-63719600-1472429100_thumb.jpeg

Congrats! What are you using for bait?

I've been watching some youtube about catfish angling and one of the gents used small pan fish for bait. He chummed and caught them with instant potatoes. Very tacky mixture and he was pulling them in fast.

Most of these gents were using punch bait and I'd like to give that a try for the catfish.

jim

Jim I use strictly jigs for crappie. Bait will bring in other fish besides crappie and I don't want that. Crappie is all I fish for so I'm not much help anywhere else!!!

Sign in to follow this