Call Killer

In Search of some replacement firearms........

Since the fire I have been down to 3 long guns, and 2 hand guns. Up to 4 long guns now, with the gift of my dad's old 870 Wing Master 12 from one of his buddies, so I have birds and center-fire rifle covered well. Short 12 for home defense, AR in 223/5.56 for deer/varmints/pigs/SHTF, and short 410 for snakes and such.

I am on the hunt for a cheap .22, single shot or mag fed does not much matter, that will take a scope. just something for dispatching coons in traps, popping bunnies, plinking, and the like. Trying to keep at $150 or less, if possible.

Also, I would like to find a .22 handgun, something for plinking and a truck pistol running snares. Nothing fancy buy any means, and under $250. Long as it will go bang and not leave me in a bind.

If any of ya'll have ideas, or suggestions I am all ears. Everything else I have covered, or can borrow out of Dad's safe. Figure to deer hunt with either the AR, or maybe the old A303 30-06 Dad picked up a few years back. Just need a .22 around the house, and not have to borrow one of the sentimental ones off Dad............

Thanks

Cal

Check out the Heritage 22 revolvers at Academy. Under 200.00 and go bang every time you pull the trigger.I got one with a 1911 Taurus for free and was surprised how good they shoot several hundreds of rounds thru mine and never any problem. Only thing I don't like it the safety they put on it but that's just me.

Mark

Check out the Heritage 22 revolvers at Academy. Under 200.00 and go bang every time you pull the trigger.I got one with a 1911 Taurus for free and was surprised how good they shoot several hundreds of rounds thru mine and never any problem. Only thing I don't like it the safety they put on it but that's just me.

Mark

+1 on the Heritage .22 pistol. Buddy has one and really (ab)uses it! Trust me, it gets no love but like a Timex, it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'. Also comes w/ an additional 22 Mag cylinder in at least one variation.

Budsgunshop.com has them for $152 online with free shipping. This includes the magnum conversion cylinder with the cocobola grip. If you know an FFL guy who will do you right, I don't think you can beat this on a new pistol.

OP

I had a Heritage with the Bird's Head grip a few years back, and for a stubby job it shot well. Never cared much for the safety setup, But a good gunsmith might can remove that mess. I'll revisit them!

Have looked at the New England and H&R break barrel rifles for .22, or .22 Mag. Figure I need to go slum around some local pawn shops and see if I can pick up either on of those or a little bolt action .22. I will be happy with just an old Steven or something like that for a cheap plinker. Thinking I want a .22Short/Long/LR setup, so I can start my girl off with Shorts this fall. Even pondering one of the Cricket rifles and topping it with the old 4X Weaver Dad has on that 30-06, then move my Nikon 3-9X40 over to the 06.

Thanks,

Cal

Cal, Cabela's has a Stevens Model 64F semi-auto .22LR on sale now for $99.99 (reg. price $139.99). It doesn't shoot shorts, however, unless you fed it one at a time. Just thought you might like to know.

OP

X2 on the Heritage. Here is mine. Like was said don't care much for the safety but it is all right just have to get used to it.

post-20998-0-29481100-1471883171_thumb.jpg