Highlander

Birthday Gift from my Wife and Son

My birthday is not until Monday and the FFL is closed that day so my wife took me today to get it :)

Ruger, GP100, 6" .357 Magnum , Model 1707

0A574284-4F20-4635-A12F-105EDC464B56_zps

That is a sweet shooter . Your a lucky man to have such a woman . I too have a woman that buys me guns .

Very nice, wish my wife would buy me a gun.

Always wanted a .357 magnum, ever since a friend of mine had one way back there. If my wife dies before I do, I may get one. If I die before she does, it may be because she has one. Glad you got one, at least.

I have one in Blued, and Dad has one like that, both are shooting rascals! Mine has the first 2 rounds #4 Shot for snakes, which I learned will KO a Grey Fox pup at about 10 yards as well. Very good guns, though I sometimes wish I had gone with 4" for carry ease.

Congrats,

Cal

Congrats!! I have the 4" version. You will really like it. They are shooters, every bit as good as my old Security Six.

Ruger%20GP100_zpstsvzvlrd.jpg

I am glad to see that Ruger hasn't changes these since I got my back in 1990. My only wish is that they had spent a little more time polishing the triggers, but then again, I only had my buddy's LEO Dad's custom Colt Python to compare it to.

Still, I often feel like I should use my GP100 as a variety of tools like a hammer or pry bar just to see if I could break it! It's a great gun....you'll love it!