Sign in to follow this  
GonHuntin

At the property yesterday

Went up to my property yesterday to meet with a guy to discuss spreading lime and fertilizer on my food plots.......he declined the job because he didn't want to scratch his "$150,000" spreader truck.....seriously! He kept talking about over hanging limbs (which we assured him would be trimmed before delivery) and his wide mirrors. Keep in mind, all the plots are reachable via "ranch roads" that I drive all the time.....guess he is use to driving through a gate, off a maintained county road and into a cleared pasture.....either way, I'll need to find a different source.

Anyway, while I was there I changed camera cards and drove around the place to check fences etc. Headed back up the ranch road that splits the property, I saw 3 bucks cross about 250 yards away and one of them looked pretty good. This photo is from the camera on that road and I believe this is the buck that caught my attention.

IMAG4570_zpsploye78g.jpg

Also changed cards on a camera at a very small creek crossing, thought you might enjoy these photos.

Baby pictures:

IMAG0017_zpsjw0iytm1.jpg

IMAG0021_zpsncgxx8dg.jpg

First time I have ever caught coyote pups on camera! I figure the den must be really close for these pups to be there.

Hard to see, but there are 3 cubs with mama 'coon.

IMAG0338_zpsc5elcqqv.jpg

Of course, fawns.

IMAG1483_zpsyjqr8qut.jpg

IMAG0836_zpspsfsu0sv.jpg

This little crossing doesn't look that well traveled, but I get tons of photos from it. It has produced photos of squirrels, rabbits, armadillos, raccoons, 'possums, hawks, owls, coyotes, bobcats, deer and probably a few other things I can't remember.

More:

IMAG0202_zpsf4il0kwy.jpg

IMAG1815_zpscjoaodmu.jpg

IMAG0059_zpsceetchjm.jpg

Thanks for sharing the photos! I really enjoyed them, especially the coyote pups. It's truly rare to see them at that age. ANd that buck looks great!

Good luck. Looks like you have a honey hole at the crossing!!

I'd sure set up a stand on that crossing if you don't have one . Glad to see you out and about .

It was nice to get out, can't deal with the heat very well and generally need someone with me when I drive that far. The chemo makes my hypoglycemia worse which can cause problems quickly. Fortunately, I had a buddy that could go along Monday.

I'll be glad when it gets cooler!!

Nice pictures. Thanks for posting them.

Agree with Bennie, i would put a stand there in a heartbeat. Great location and pictures.

I plan to put a stand close to the crossing, but it is in a difficult area to get to without leaving a bunch of scent or making a bunch of noise. It is also difficult to hunt because it requires an unusual wind direction.

The most challenging issue with hunting my property is wind direction and is doesn't take much to blow a mature buck out of a quarter section.

Sign in to follow this