Sign in to follow this  
Bobby Tomek

watching them grow

I really would have liked to had pictures from the first sprouting of antlers, but my health has not cooperated -- and I didn't even put a game cam out yet this year. But I did snap a few from the house. The changes between them are subtle at this stage in the growth cycle, but you can still notice them.

July 10th (in the fog!):

bucks-4-4--july10-2016_zpsrkzk4wb4.jpg

July 16th:

bucks-july16-2016_zpstg0a4t1e.jpg

These are from today, the 24th:

bucks-july24-16-2_zpsgfqnxdma.jpg
bucks-july24-16-5_zpsokuuk04j.jpg

And the FUTURE...also snapped today:

bucks-twins-from-2015_zpsqzkskkfr.jpg

Really cool!!! Headed to the lease this weekend to set some stands up. Excited to check cameras and see what we have growing this year.

Still very nice. I hope that drop-tine is still around for you come opening day if you decide you want to take it.

That crazy-antlered buck does have my attention. I took my first-ever drop-tine buck last season, and this one has a similar oddity on the very same side. But I am still not convinced it is a full drop as opposed to maybe a bend/curvature of the main beam. It'll be easier to tell when the velvet is gone in another 5-6 weeks.

His overall tine length is short save for the one clubby tine, and he is obviously an inferior deer in terms of antler growth.

Slew-Post some pics when you get back!

This was my buck from last year. Haven't seen anything quite as nice, although the overall quality is certainly good this year.

buck-2015-border_zps5qikfvhf.jpg

That is a very unusual point configuration. It's almost like there are three abnormal points at the end, rather than the main beam having an actual end in itself. Never seen one quite like that.

Sign in to follow this