RIA, M1911 A2, Pro Match Tac Ultra, 10MM

Model: 52,000

HC Mag: 16 + 1 Round-

Fit and Finish is excellent

Average Trigger pull: 4.5lbs

6" stainless bull barrel and guide rod

AMBI SAFETY

From Armscor's site:

The PRO Match Ultra HC 6" is a target grade pistol ready for competition right out of the box. Built by the master gunsmiths in the Rock Island Armory Medallion, it's chambered in 10mm with a 16-round capacity and adjustable LPA rear sight and high visibility fiber optic front sight. It also includes a skeletonized hammer and factory 4- to 6-pound trigger with adjustable over travel stop. Comes in a fully parkerized finish with G10 grips. Add a full length picatinny tactical rail and the Pro Match Ultra HC is ready for any anything.

5DC81D24-244B-4F23-B3FE-7238C22A8DC5_zps

She can definitely out shoot me.

But I'm happy considering the following:

1. Hornady 180grain XTP bullets average velocity 1360FPS

2. Focused on not shooting my chrony

3. Not use to a brass catcher mounted on a picatinny rail, but it caught all but one piece of brass.

4. I. kept engaging the enlarged safety with my thumb, I started resting my thumb on top of the safety while trying to avoid the slide.

On my next range trip, I'm going to take some sand bags and bench rest her to see what my (and the pistol) limitations are from 25 yards and beyond for hunting. I'm taking my Primos shooting sticks too.

All excuses aside, here are the first ten shots:

C7B3A63E-34DF-4954-90CF-06B14D02FEA9_zps

As time went on she got a little heavy (3.6lbs loaded, not counting brass catcher) and I got sloppy with trying double taps:

image.jpg1_zpspkxgroge.jpg

My hunting load data:

Light swipes and minor flatting of primers.

Bullet: Hornady 180 gr XTP HP

Case: Remington .985"

Primer: WLP

Powder: AA# 9 - 14.5 grains

O.A.L: 1.260"

Velocities: Average 1360fps

Extremely nice!! I noticed you only had one "shooter error" on the first target. I would need a much finer-point pen to list all my "shooter errors" on a single target. Mine usually go more to the range of 11-out-of-10 "shooter errors", the 11th being sucked into shooting at a stationary target for accuracy in the first place. Actually, I consider "shooter errors" a plus on a live target, because it never knows which direction I'm going to miss at, so it is confused as to which way to jump, thus increasing my chances of having a miss find its mark if it jumps the wrong way. Thus lemonade is made from lemons.

Extremely nice!! I noticed you only had one "shooter error" on the first target. I would need a much finer-point pen to list all my "shooter errors" on a single target. Mine usually go more to the range of 11-out-of-10 "shooter errors", the 11th being sucked into shooting at a stationary target for accuracy in the first place. Actually, I consider "shooter errors" a plus on a live target, because it never knows which direction I'm going to miss at, so it is confused as to which way to jump, thus increasing my chances of having a miss find its mark if it jumps the wrong way. Thus lemonade is made from lemons.

The first shot was the hole on the left, I made an adjustment and the next eight are where I was expecting them. I jerked the triggger on the one marked"shooter Error"

To your point......bitter sweet

I have a good friend who lives in Mont Belvieu who shoots all the time, and he can do the double-taps better than anyone I have seen. I have tried it myself, but am no good at it at all. My mind and my finger don't seem to want to get together. Your double-tap pattern looks pretty dang good to me.

Awsome weapon and caliber! The 10MM is a beast, I have a Glock 20 and it packs a punch.

Picked up some 200 grain TC cast with a BHN of 16 sized at .401 from ACME and seeing some potential.

Pistol: RIA Pro Match, Model 52,000

Benchrest: 25 yds

Bullet: 200 grain TC PB cast, .401"

Lube: 45-45-10

Case: Starline .985"

Primer: WLP

Powder: 8gr of Longshot

COL: 1.250"

Velocity: 1227 fps ES: 10 SD: 3

30 shots at 25yds off the bench:

BC3FBB07-D6B0-42C1-B3A0-15501A1CD7A6_zps