Sign in to follow this  
coyote

Desert Foxes

This week, Steve and I head to Terrell County to call foxes as I make my first hunt with the Ruger American Rifle in .22 Mag topped with a Trijicon RMR sight. This may be the perfect combination for calling these aggressive little critters. I hope that you have the chance to tune in.

Adios,

Gary

Big fan of the 22 mag for foxes. Think it is the ideal caliber for them. Will be interested to see how the dot sight works out for you. Tried that myself last trip to Texas and came away feeling they are less than optimal for fox sized critters. I like the precision of crosshairs I guess.

Great fox episode! That one fox was a monster! I loved the "Discus Fox" too.............. :D

The RMR works great for the daytime and where shots are inside 50 yards on the small target such as the gray fox. There was so much ground cover on this ranch we simply could not see them very far away. I was out there two weeks ago and I have never seen as much green grass in over 40 years of hunting out there. Looks like a great year and foxes will have plenty of food and cover. Maybe we will finally see sign that the bobcats are coming back.

Adios,

gary

That last fox was wanting something to whoop , took out the caller and looked like he wanted a piece of you !

Awesome show...THAT'S how all outdoor TV programming should be made. Made my day to see it as calling -- especially for fox -- was one of my favorite parts of hunting. Sure do miss it...

Thanks so much guys, I really appreciate you watching and the nice comments. Bennie and Billy just stopped by on the way to the hunting lease and left me the biggest cantalope that I have seen and a nice jag of okra. Really nice of them to try to take care of an old man that obviously is not missing any meals.

Thanks again and Adios,

Gary

Greg, will send you a rain when we get one...chance of some rain for the next couple of days and sure praying it happens. We need a little break from this heat and I am sure you are the same.

Adios,

Gary

Coyote, is there some website that I can go to and see the dates and times on a weekly/monthly basis of when your show airs? In my situation, it would be helpful to have a timetable to print out so that I can plan ahead. You may have already covered this somewhere else, but if so, I missed it.

OP

Sign in to follow this