Call Killer

A Special "THANK YOU!" to my TPP family

Friends,

Most of you know by now that JoAnn, Lizzy and I lost our home to fire on April 11th. Many know I am a member of our local Volunteer Fire Department, and have been a firefighter for 13 years serving 2 departments during that time. As I stood staring in shock as the reality that it was MY HOUSE burning down before my very eyes I realized I needed PRAYERS! I had already called my best friend of nearly 30 years, and we had prayed over the phone, but I needed an abundance of prayer for my family and I, and needed it right then. Church members was covered, friends and family were being told (what ones not on the scene battling the flames), but I knew I needed a network of Christian Men and Women with a wider reach. I dialed Bob Connell, and simply stated I had lost everything in a fire, and needed him to let you all know we needed your prayers. We spoke maybe 2 minutes, and when I hung up I knew there would soon be a group spanning the globe lifting my family in prayer. Not once did I think any might send funds, offer labor, offer guns, clothing, shelter, and all with no strings attached for as long as I needed. That is exactly what happened over the next few weeks.

This evening I sat down in our new home, at our kitchen island, to begin the task of writing "Thank You" notes. JoAnn had begun a few weeks ago, and I had my stack sorted to include "TPP" members. Some I have shared a fire with, some I communicate with regularly, and others who I have never met. Each took time to write a note, each offered prayer for healing, each was simply "there for us." The awe felt as that sunk in on me was something special. A bond built, a kinship formed, with men who have faced troubles, some far worse than myself, and who offered support.

"Thank You" does not seem to quite cover the gratitude I feel for all each of you has done to help my family. There is something special about the Texas Predator Posse, as we are more than just sportsmen joined together to swap hunting stories and spin tall yarns of 90# Grey Fox, herds of Coyotes, and 1000# Pigs called with a blade of grass to within feet to be slain with a slingshot. The Texas Predator Posse is a place where men and women can join in fellowship free of bickering, name calling, slander, or profain speech, and coming as strangers part as old friends. We help each other in troubled times. Tricks of the trade are shared, kids are given calls, and all are treated well.

I am proud to have found this group. My deepest gratitude goes out to you for your support as we start fresh with a new life!

In Christ,

Cal

I am just glad to see y'all in the new house. I agree, we have a special group.............

Glad things are working out. God is good all the time!

We are blessed with a special group within the Posse . Glad things are coming together for you guys . Prayers still up !