Bobcat

Time to Replenish My 7mm-08

I am starting to get low on my 7mm-08 ammo. I popped over to Mumme's and picked up a 1000 WLR primers today. I will be on the bench tomorrow loading up some 140 gr. Barnes TTSX's.

WLR%20Primers_zpscuhwijgx.jpg

I was down to 160rds of 120gr SST's for my 6.8 SPC pig gun. Thats kinda low for me! lol I loaded up 80 rounds today so far. I've got another 160 cases all prepped and ready to go. Just need to drop powder in them. Takes awhile since I trickle the last little bit to get my charge exactly right.

Bobcat, your reloading bench is way to clean and organized.

Bobcat, your reloading bench is way to clean and organized.

If you look closely, there seems to be a speck of something just in front of the blue box. Inexcusable!!!

Bob-Your bench always looks so neat...I am jealous! I have some 7-30 and .308 WCF brass that's been ready to load for a few months. Now you have me inspired, and I may try and load some of the .308 tomorrow. A mild charge of IMR-4320 and 150 grain Ballistic Tips gives me superb accuracy, low recoil in the 20" bull-barreled Savage 10 FP LE-2 and is quite lethal on hogs.

Am out of Re-15 for the Waters so will have to try IMR 4064. The closest place to have a decent supply powder is an hour away (and opposite of the way Bev goes to work), and I just can't make that anymore. It's not worth the online hazmat for a small order, either. But hopefully 4064 will do the trick as I have nearly a full pound . I am not after top speed -- just stellar accuracy. If I get 2625 to 2650 fps from the 24" barrel with 120 grain BTs, I will be pleased.

I am having to go back to RL-15. Ramshot Big Game has been "out of stock" for going on two years now. I have good luck with RL-15 before I went with Big Game because of the much easier metering.

Billie got low on her 7MM a while back , so I got her loaded up . I need to come a have a hand at that bench , it is way too neat .

I am having to go back to RL-15. Ramshot Big Game has been "out of stock" for going on two years now. I have good luck with RL-15 before I went with Big Game because of the much easier metering.

RCBS Chargemaster works wonders!

Great news for me! Just as I had decided to give up on Ramshot Big Game after being unavailable for 2+ years, I find out that Midsouth has it in stock. I am glad I only loaded 10 test rounds for my 7mm-08 with RL-15! My Big Game is on the way!!

Savage%20Mod%2014%207mm-08%20Target%20Cl

thanks for the heads up, Bob. I ordered some myself; have never used before. I have had good accuracy with RL15 in just about everything.

I see you use WLR for your load rather than Federal 210. How come?

Amigo-I have just had better overall luck through the years with the WLR's vs the Frederal and CCI Benchrest primers. I used RL-15 right up until I tried Big Game. I use a manual powder measure and don't like "cracking" the RL-15 cyliders. The Big Game is more accurate for me and meters like a dream. Like RL-15, it is not too temperature sensitive either.............important for us here in Texas.

FYI-I switched to Ramshot TAC from H-335 too in my .223 AR-15. Cleaner, meters easier, as or more accurate for me. I also use TAC for my new 22-250.

Bob :P

Glad you found some, Bob. I got lucky, too. I have been needing Re-15 and did not want to order online since I didn't need much. But a place in the town my wife works finally had some, so she picked it up yesterday. Now I can finish loading up my 7-30 Waters brass. The group below was fired to try out a test load -- and it became my new hunting load. The rest was decent but less-than-perfect, and I used a crude aiming point that was about 8 to 8.5 inches above the center of the bull. A couple more groups fired later on were either equal or ever-so-slightly better...and good enough for my usage!

I was like a kid at Christmas waiting for her to get home with the powder yesterday. And I bet you are the same and likely will be closely watching the tracking on your batch of Big Game. :D

waters-txt_zps3ov3rd4s.jpg

....I have just had better overall luck through the years with the WLR's vs the Frederal and CCI Benchrest primers.

(Note spelling error above, but I won't mention it right now!) I hunted in damp East Texas for 30 years using CCI primers, and only had one misfire. Unfortunately, it occurred as I had a buck in the scope on a lease that if you saw more than a couple of deer of any sex during a year's time you were considered lucky. I've made the switch lately to the Winchester primers, as they were all that were available when I needed some. But then again I'm not as accuracy-oriented as I know some are. If I can get my gun to shoot to 1" or so at 100 yards, I consider it good, as I don't do much long range shooting. The coyote I killed a few months ago at 200 yards is the longest shot I have taken in many years. It was, incidentally, taken using a load in the .243 with the Winchester primers. With a shortage of most anything related to shooting today, a person has to adapt the best he or she can. I know Varget is probably not at the top of anyone's preferred powder list, but it will load every gun I own, and I have plenty of it, so I am pretty content. If I happened across some H4831, I would jump on it for the sake of my .270, but Varget will do. My advice would be to stock up now on anything you can find and possibly use in the future, because I look for another run on ammunition, powder, etc. the nearer to the election we get.

OP

Bob, Big Game,RL-17, or H4350 in the 7-08. 140's close to 2900 and 120's close to 3,100.

You know the drill!

Those are great velocities Greg!

My Big Game will be here later today..................finally!