TheOldPro

I Have to Brag a Little......

Things are a little slow on the board, so I thought this would be a good time to do a little bragging. Not on me (that would entail a lot of bragging)....but on my granddaughter, Katelyn. She plays, among other things, select team softball at the 10U level (10 yrs. of age and under, at present). This past Saturday, in Waco, she had a first for herself and for her team.....she hit an "over-the-fence" home run. Maybe you have, but I have never seen it done at this level before, and I have seen a lot of very good teams over the past couple of years. The week before that, at the Belton tournament, she hit the fence on the fly for an inside-the- park home run, I didn't get to see either one, unfortunately, as I was home tending to the wife. We were elated and disappointed at the same time, as we would have been there under different circumstances. I posted a picture earlier this year of her helping me try to retrieve a coyote at a stock tank. I think she is going to be my hunting partner for dove season this fall....she is willing to give anything a good try, and usually will do well at it. I am going to add 3 photos: one of the coyote scene, on of her in her softball uniform as a catcher (she also pitches and plays shortstop) after their tournament win last week, and one of her in her soccer get-up for this year. I was going to bring her with me to the Rendezvous this past March, but as you know my wife's condition at the last minute cancelled that plan. Maybe next year.

post-18103-0-57605300-1464234589.jpg

post-18103-0-64964400-1464234661_thumb.jpg

post-18103-0-53704600-1464234708.jpg

Great post OP. When you have awesome grand-young-uns like that you've got to share with others. Please pass on my congratulations to her and know that you and your wife continue to be in my prayers. GDH

It ain't bragging if it is fact . Great for her , sorry you and Grand Ma didn't get to see it .

What a cutie. You can tell she is determined!! OP, you and your wife are in my daily prayers.

Ditto on what everyone else is saying. To hit one over the fence at her age is fantastic; heck I can't even hit it when it's over home plate. When I was of playing age, when our coach needed an out so the team could get back out in the field, he always put me up to bat. That's the only reason I could ever come up with when he put me on the line up list.

Prayers to you & Mrs. Pro

4S

You can tell she is determined!! .

Yes, she is. Her favorite T-shirt of mine is one that says:

"Sweat dries

Blood clots

Bones heal

Suck It Up, Princess!"

She has had 3 breaks and casts to date, and keeps coming back for more. After she broke her foot sliding into home plate, she had me out in the yard kicking a soccer ball with her and her in her boot cast. She has grit.

When I was of playing age, when our coach needed an out so the team could get back out in the field, he always put me up to bat.

Somehow, John, I doubt that.

I (we) appreciate again all the prayers that have been sent our way. They have helped, I know. Carol can walk around the house a little now, and this week I took her to "chair yoga" down at her gym. I blame the prayers for this inconvenience to me. Keep them coming.

Jerry

Your da man!!

Wow what a beast!

I am sure we will be hearing about her (here on the forum and on sports news) for a few years!

Impressive!