Sign in to follow this  
Slew

Ray Roberts

Fished a CAT tourney here yesterday. Haven't been on he lake in 10-12 years and then we caught crappie outta Buck Creek on the east side. Well that ramp is closed and I don't know how to get over there through all the timber on the east side of the lake and didn't wanna waste half the day idling through timber so we prefished the west side friday and did pretty good so we stuck to fhe same plan for Tourney day and hoped we could at least make the top 5 and stay in the lead for angler of the year. We probably coulda went in for weight in at 9am. We had our best fish early then it got a lot tougher. Caught tons of fish both days just not a lot of big fish. Fished straight jigs. 1/8oz fished vertical on brush and timber 16-30' Finished much better than we expected and have a lot more fish to clean today than I would have thought!!

You done good ! Never fished that Lake .

Good going. Always good to finish ahead of the 2nd place team.

Kinda threw me for a minute there, I thought CAT was short for catfish!

Way to hold your running for AOTY (angler of the year), good job, great catch of good eating right there too!

Thanks ya'll. there were 86 fish in the cooler. Not bad for 2 days on a lake we haven't been on in 10 years. We were throwing fish back we had to measure each day. Might be time to get a bigger fish cooler!!!

Won on Cooper this weekend!! Was horrible!! Had 3 crappie in 7 hours of fishing. I caught several dinks. I didn't put a keeper in the boat until 120 and we stop fishing at 2! I caught 2 nice ones between 120-145. My partner had a small keeper at 715 and somehow we managed to keep it alive all day to weight it in too. Glad that ones over!!! Texoma is next!! Never fished it!! Should be fun!!

A win is a win, regardless of the details. Congratulations.

Sign in to follow this