Eastex

Hunting during the summer

Do y'all still hunt during the summer or wait until fall to start back. I know it can be tough during the summer but last summer I hunted every other weekend or so and only killed 2 coyotes. I can't seem to pass up the opportunity if I have a chance to go. Just wondering what y'all do or strategy you use for summer months

I hunt every chance I can year around. Mostly for pigs. I will not pass up a coyote either.

Year round here. Early morning or night time only during the hot months.

my favorite hunting season is summer, but I do not dislike the winter !!

Greetings and good hunting.

All year here as well but I do cut back on the number of stands during the day and try to night hunt more.

post-1-0-50134100-1470862311.jpg

During the summer, I will only hunt at night and during the first and last hour of daylight. I recently got a double on these coyotes at 5am.

attachicon.gifIMG_3512.JPGDuring the summer, I will only hunt at night and during the first and last hour of daylight. I recently got a double on these coyotes at 5am. attachicon.gifIMG_3504.JPG

Nice pair of coyotes, and a double to boot. You and Slew (a fisherman deluxe on the Posse if you haven't followed all the posts) should get together on your pictures.....he posts all of his sideways for some unknown reason. Too many days fishing in the hot sun, I presume. Anyhow, welcome to the Posse, and keep up the war on coyotes.

OP

Year round for the most part, though I have taken off the last 4 months. Planning on getting back at it in the next couple of weeks!

Cal

Nice pair of coyotes, and a double to boot. You and Slew (a fisherman deluxe on the Posse if you haven't followed all the posts) should get together on your pictures.....he posts all of his sideways for some unknown reason. Too many days fishing in the hot sun, I presume. Anyhow, welcome to the Posse, and keep up the war on coyotes.

OP

Thank you, TheOldPro. I will look him up. I posted another picture this morning and it seems to have transferred right side up.

Thank you, TheOldPro. I will look him up. I posted another picture this morning and it seems to have transferred right side up.

All in good fun, I assure you, Blackout. I keep on Slew's case about picture-posting because that's about all I can beat him at....certainly not at fishing! And there are computer geniuses on here like Bob and Shooter who can right just about any mistake, although I wouldn't want them to know I'm jealous of that skill, either. If you ever need any advice on how to justify misses, I'm the resident expert on that subject. Just keep whackin' and stackin' the coyotes. Looks like you're probably very proficient at it.

OP

I'm telling you the heat index was 120 down here in the RGV. Went out calling the last 2 nights and managed to get only 1 dog at around 330ish am. Deer and cattle were the only things moving. We didn't even have any owls come in to the call. That's when you know its gonna be a loooonnnngggg night when the owls don't come out. HAHAHAHA

Pain Piller, I agree on the heat. It's tough to hunt in this heat. Can't wait for cooler weather when the coyotes and nilgai will start stirring again.