Sign in to follow this  
Bennie

Got a combo this weekend

Was busted on Turkeys Friday and a sounder of pigs got away from me also , I chased them around for a while , but couldn't get a shot off . But did get some work finished I had going . Went out Saturday morning and called in four Jakes , the weather was kinda of iffy , they were showing 60% chance of rain , so I picked out the biggest one of the Jakes and laid him out with a shot of # 5s . Went to camp and cleaned the Turkey , then decided I'd go look for some new places to put up feeders/stands for next season . Ran into a sounder of pigs that had 5 in it , it left out with only four , they got in the brush before I could get another . Did make a pretty good walking shot at about 150 yards with my AR in 7.62X39 , not a lazer for flat shooting , but it put the smack down on every pig I've shot with it , I have been impressed with the little pills knock down . Had a good weekend all in all . I love shooting me some pigs . Cersei isn't too fond of Turkey meat , but she sure loves her some fresh pork .

post-27-0-01318700-1463339904_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-45603900-1463340006_thumb.jpg

Nice job Bennie!

Looks like you picked a good weekend, regardless of what the weatherman guessed. Good shooting.

I agree with Bob: I think a bigger freezer will be in order! Nice shooting...

25 lbs of breakfast sausage out of the last pig and some good Turkey Breast fillets .

Sign in to follow this