Sign in to follow this  

Any tips? Here around Robert Lee there are coyotes, but they are very skittish and extremely cautious. In fact, the only coyotes I have ever killed here were when I was deer hunting and they happened by. We have never called in a coyote to closer than 300 yards. We hear them when we are out calling, but we have had zero luck getting one close enough to actually get a shot at. I know the basics of what I need to do as far as setup, wind, etc. I have made it my mission to call in a coyote and kill it this year, and I would love some input from you guys.

Yeah right now they will be very territorial with pups on the ground. The pup distress should work wonders right now!
If you e-call has a YOUNG or FEMALE howls they may work as well. I would open with a couple of howls and then maybe a distress sound that is a bit out of the ordinary. That way if they have been called before they may still respond to a new sound.
Then after a bit maybe let the pup distress roll for a few minutes!

This time of year can be tough but stay patient, late August and September the stupid ones will be out! :biggrin:

Sign in to follow this