Sign in to follow this  
Doublez

How Often?

How long do you guys wait between hunts on the same property? I know that animals will/can be pressured too much, I am curious as to what is a good rule of thumb when calling, a week, two weeks, a month, more?

tough to call. i lived on 200 acres that i hunted and have on camera when my front door shut the wild pigs would leave the feeders and pig pipes. calling the dogs and cats i could never even get them to slow down in leaving the area when i would start a call, i have lots of dogs and cats on film but none would ever answer the callpost-17206-0-70315600-1462414063_thumb.jpgpost-17206-0-72623400-1462414121_thumb.jpg

I usually give an area 3 weeks. You can also alternate between e-callers and hand calls on stands in the same area to mix it up.

We try to mix it up a lot. We have a Foxpro (which everyone and their dog has), we have a Western Rivers (which I like because it has a bunch of different sounds that Foxpro doesn't have), and we hand call.

Yeah 2 to 3 weeks for me as well but I think it can depend on the property.
I have one spot which is the only opening between two large tracts of woods. The coyotes from each set of woods both frequent the field for hunting. I believe it could probably be hunted sooner but I rarely get a chance to.
I have killed a coyote on the same property on Friday morning and Sunday morning though.

Like Bob mentioned I like to change things up if I do return real quick. Maybe a morning visit the first time and an evening or night visit the next.

But all of that being said I definitely believe a place can be overcalled!!
Good luck!

The place may have been called too much . You call in a Yote and don't get him , you just educated him . I use a mix of hand calls ( mostly mini blaster) and my favorite call on my Compucall is the cottontail duet , more critters have fallen to that than any of the others .

Sign in to follow this