Sign in to follow this  

Went out this morning to do some Turkey hunting and came across a sounder of pigs . Had about 12 to 15 as near as I could tell . I saw them about 150 yards off as I was easing down a two track watching for Turkeys . They were angling up to me , so I started angling along with them . Put on the best double sneak I've done in years and it is great when one actually works as well as this one did . I got really close to about 25 yards and one was looking like it was going to come my way , so I let it . At about 20 yards I dumped a load of # 2 Heavy Shot into him and he went straight down , I shot for the head of course . I had a # 5 Mag in when I saw them , but I had two of the # 2s in as back ups , so I had slid the # 5 out when I decided on the stalk . Anyways , when I shot the first one the whole sounder ran at me at an angle and I dumped a second one again with a head shot . When I got them to the cleaning rack I found that some of the shot had went all the way through the chest cavity and lodged under the skin on the other side . That is some penetration for a shotgun load even a 3 1/2 inch Heavy Shot or at least to me it is . Now I got the pig meat I was wanting for some more Feral Hog Summer Sausage .

post-27-0-50349400-1462137256_thumb.jpg

post-27-0-56585400-1462137393_thumb.jpg

Nice going Bennie. Tinker and I went out last night and put a long stalk on a sounder of pigs. We teamed up one and killed one from over 200 yards away.

Cowboy , I just use the brand at Academy , but I do enhance it somewhat with red pepper and pepper corns . Gonna try some Jalapeno mixed in with it this time , but the last I did was some fine eatin !

Good job.

Nice job Bennie!
Turkey or pork! They both eat well! :D

Sign in to follow this