Sign in to follow this  
Bobcat

2016 12th Annual Rondezvous Report

Saturday night we had our Annual Community Cook Out! We fire up the big grill and you may grill whatever kind of meat you wish. We have had beef, pork, chicken, rattlesnake, elk, deer venison, axis venison, buffalo, sand hill crane, assorted exotic sauges, and more! Everyone is invited! As the meat is cooked, everyone just nibbles on whatever they want. If you didn't bring anything to grill, no problem!! There is always more than enough to go around!!!

This years Community Grill!!

DSC00961_zpsgty9xa3x.jpg

DSC00962_zpskijphp0f.jpg

DSC00963_zpsvw8ezzag.jpg

Saturday night Engine4on and the "Cabin #1" bunch hosted our traditional Campfire!!

This is always a hit with both young and not so young!

DSC00978_zpsv3xlvkbk.jpg

DSC00977_zpsaq6fuouo.jpg

DSC00974_zpsi2nfkfae.jpg

Finally, we had a bit of excitement at the start of the weekend. Captkb and Parker found an occupant already in their cabin, a rattlesnake. Fortunately, they both catch rattlesnakes and had a snake stick in the truck. After dispatching the snake, they cleared all the rest of the cabins so there would be no more surprises. No more were found..............

Rattlesnake_zpswyzpbxpo.jpg

Rattlesnake%20Stick_zps7p6gpgio.jpg

Ole Blood, aka Rick Weaver, and Miss Judy came all the way from Arkansas to be with us this year too!! Rick was kind enough to bring some of his outstanding custom hunting knives with him!

OleBlood%20Head%20Shot%20640_zpsj5hkxpn5

This is the knive Rick donated as a Door Prize this year! Thanks OB!!

Weaver%20Skinner%202016_zpsaisw6kje.jpg

This is the one I bought from Rick!

Weaver%20D2%202_zps4l0qefsl.jpg

We had a terrrific Rondezvous this year!! Y'all make it great! I really like the fact that we are having more kids and spouses attend each year!

I want to thank BAB, Bennie, SHOOTER, Swift220, Coyanosa Cowboy, Parker, Woody, and Engine4on for all their help to make this work!! I also want to give a big Shout Out to Burnham Brothers and The Coyote Armory for hosting our Saturday afternoon Texas BBQ!

Youth%20Rifle%20BC_zps1tfmz3ee.jpg

After I got things set up Thursday, I sat outside with a cigar and got to watch this sunset...............

Thursday%20Sunset_zpsheholsdd.jpg

I will let you guys post your own stories and photos now!!

See y'all next year................

Billie and I as usual had a wonderful time . It has become one of the things we look forward too each year . It gives us the opportunity to get with old friends , make some new ones and take part in some awesome camaraderie . In every aspect of the Rondy , from the start on Friday to the shutting it all down on Sunday , it is time well spent . It is all fun , but I like the Saturday evening gathering at the big grill and food flowing in from all directions , to be cooked and sampled by any who wants it and stories being told . Then on to the fire at cabin #1 with Engine4on and Woody as host , always lots of stories being told and I bet some of them are even true . God willing and the creek don't rise , we see you next year . Thanks to all the door prize sponsors and to Burnham Brothers and Coyote Armory for the great lunch on Saturday .

Looks like a great time. I changed my mind at the last minute due to the forecast of rain and cold. Cold I can deal with but camping in the rain is not on my list anymore, just too old. Glad the rain held off, I should have went. Next year!

Great report Bob and thanks again for all you do and for all that contribute to the rendezvous!
Great sunset photo as well!

Sign in to follow this