Sign in to follow this  
Double Naught Spy

RATTING "And now for something completely different..."

The quote was one of my favorite lines from the old Monty Python show when they transitioned between scenes.

I was in the stand for nearly 7 hours last night. I was in contact with several other folks such as Jhop who were having great success with their hog and predator hunts. I will be honest. It was getting me down.

Every so often, at home, I enjoy seeing some of the other night hunting videos and the Brits do some interesting stuff, often with cobbled together home made stuff and sometimes with some really good gear. I have found that I like the "Rhotting" (ratting) videos. I don't know why, but there is something interesting about watching those guys pick off rat after rat in barns or barnyards using NV and air rifles. Not finding any hogs, I stepped it up a notch.

This is a little bit different, but if I can find some cheaper, accurate ammo, I might have to do this more often.

https://youtu.be/EvAHYvWqiiA

Nice "risk to reward" ratio there!!

Ha! Great hunt and a nice shot!

I've seen those Brit videos and those guys are serious about it! I guess when your country has outlawed just about every other type of "gun" you have to make due with what you have. Even their air guns are heavily regulated.....no more than 12 ft lb for air rifles and 6 ft lb for pistols. Anything over is considered a "firearm" where you need to have a license or, if caught in possession, face serious criminal charges.

That kinda regulation just makes the Obamanation drool....

Sign in to follow this