Sign in to follow this  
Insayn

Reaper Grip

Last year I posted about a shooting rest my coworkers developed called the Kopfjager Industries Reaper Rest. They have since created a more streamlined product that supports the foreend of the stock called the Reaper Grip. I've had the opportunity to use the Reaper Grip for the last 8 months whether while hunting, shooting or while at work with great results.

The grip mounts to any tripod with a 3/8 stud. I mounted mine to my Manfrotto 190XB. The grip design maintains a solid hold on the rifle with its rotational clamping design. The jaw's knob is ergonomic so I can apply a good amount of rotation to open or close the jaw. The jaws can adapt to any contour foreend on the stock allowing more surface area contact. The jaws fingers are angled inward slightly to where the rifle won't peel out of the top of the grip so going hands free is worry free, but doesn't contact the barrel. Below the clamp the Reaper Grip has a pan and tilt setup that makes for quick and steady adjustments. It also provides a smooth pan for tracking targets on the move or engaging multiple targets. The setup is lighter weight and takes up less space than the original Reaper Rest so hauling it around attached to a pack is convenient. I usually have my 6 year old son carry it out while we're hunting. I was able to get a 1200 yard shot on steel while standing with the Reaper Grip. Check them out!

www.kopfjagerindustries.com

post-19807-0-98388900-1454873046_thumb.jpeg

post-19807-0-95518000-1454873065_thumb.jpeg

post-19807-0-53047400-1454873401_thumb.jpeg

This reminds me of a modification we made to a M2 tripod (for the M60 machine gun) that we used for the M21 to assist in long range target acquisition. Of course, the M2 ain't near as portable as this setup but it was quite stable! Very nice rig!

Sign in to follow this