Sign in to follow this  
Highlander

Gun Light Recommendations

I just purchased the Wicked ScanPro with the red, green and white LED's for hands free walking into my stands (3-6 miles) and fishing. However, I need a light to mount on my rifle and/or shotgun.

I need the following features:

1. Adjustable beam (flood to tight spot) for up to 250yds (eye illumination)

2. 3 Modes (high. low, med) or a dimmer ( important since I hunt dense wooded areas, pipelines, etc)

3. I need the flexiblity to change (LED's)from red to green light.

4. I need a RELIABLE pressure switch.

Note: when I hit it, the light comes and I can run through the modes (high, med, low).

5. Did I mention a reliable pressure switch!!!

6. Weighs 16 ozs or less

7. Take the recoil of a 12gauge (3.5" mag buckshot).

I know I forgot something so include anything I should consider.

Thanks in advance.

Wicked....the new 403 IC is an awesome light. You might want to get the shotgun mount as well. www.NightHuntingDepot.com

I was considering this model. However, the product description said that the cord cap will only function with on/off. My concern is that the intensity will be on high.

PM Tinker, he might have that version for field testing from WIcked

I have been using the Coyote light for several years now and it's been a great piece if equipment. Mine is the older original style but works like a champ. Under good condtions 300 yard + shots are possible.

I don't have the 403 with adjustable dimmer. I do have the 402 which has three settings but starts at bright. It has an adjustable focus that's good out to 450+ yards. I think the weights are listed on the web site. I haven't weighed them.

Coyote Light as Venatic says. The best out there!!

Sign in to follow this