Sign in to follow this  
Coyote EMT

2015 out with a BANG!!

Today was a great day for me. I was off of work all day, the wife and I spent the day cleaning up around the house and just enjoying the time together.

We had plans for the evening with my family, so we were getting ready to head over there when I let the dogs outside one last time before we left. As I look around I see a buck heading from my feeder towards the neighbors feeder. This would not be a big deal, except I haven't seen a buck on my place since October. So I hurry up and grab my Texas Predator Posse AR15 in 6.5 Grendel and rush back outside. As I get set up on a good rest I try and get him to look at me ( we are in an antler restriction county) he is just not wanting to stop. Finally I get him to stop and look my way.

It didn't take long to realize he is way legal and I dropped the hammer. I hit him base neck and he was DRT. It was about a 150 yard shot and the grendel made a complete pass through. I am very pleased with the round and the weapon.

Here he is

RSCN1115_zps4yb6fhco.jpg

DSCN1111_zpsa9nfbfw7.jpg

Sure is a good looking rack. Congrats

Much better way to get a buck than sitting in a cold deer stand every morning. NIce way to end the year.

The bullet was a 123gr sst. Haven't started reloading this one yet so simply a factory hornady. He ended up taping 17 inches wide. This is the biggest buck I have shot to date.

Very nice. What a way to end the year. Congratulations.

Great job...

Sign in to follow this