Bobcat

2015 Freezer Filler-Hunt Report

Congrats to all on a successful hunt!

Liam, Murphy, and myself were sure disappointed we couldn't make it this year.......really trying to make it for next year, though!

Glad it went so well. I know Flip Flop made sure everyone enjoyed it.

Congrats again!

I had a great time will write u pa report when I get back home from my Christmas break.

Glad you all had great hunts. I need to hook with you guys next time.

Looks like a good time gents. REALY not happy I missed it. Out of my cast and in a 'boot" now. Next season I hope to be the first to sign up for the hunt...

FYI-We will have a Hog Hunt coming up in April at Victoria. Look for the threads.

We had a great time on this one. I think it may be time for some venison chili tonight with this cold front here now. :D

Good too hear it was a successful hunt for everyone who participated. I would have loved to come along but Ben and I are still plowing though the mulie from October. My finger has been itchy and it doesn't help that my buddy Eddie took off for an Axis hunt on the 26th without me. I am seriously Jonesing for some more hunting.

Better late than never on the hunt report. I arrived at the Mt Home post office around 12:30 after a stop in Harper for one of the best Chicken Fried Steaks I ever had. Bobcat arrived shortly after then scogrw was next. Skydiver and Amigo were running behind so Bobcat made an executive decision to head on the Ranch. We arrived and 1st animals seen were two rather large exotics with a personal mud hole to waller in. We were shown the bunkhouse which is really nice and was a great place to hang out. Ryan was busy getting things wrapped up from his earlier hunt and Madison was arriving with groceries to feed the masses. There were some other hunters on board and were very nice folks that really enjoy hunting. Before the hunt we sat on front porch while Bobcat, Skydiver, and amigo enjoyed a fine cigar. Hunt time came and Bobcat and I were assigned the same blind. Great spot overlooking a small pond with plenty of oaks for good deer cover. After the feeder went off finally 4 deer began emerge from the woods and slowly make their way our direction. They took there sweet little time and never did make it all the way to the feeder. Bobcat was kind to me and let me have first shot. Hit mine about 70 yards out and she ran about another 30 and balled up at the tree line. One of the others made the mistake to stop and look back to see what happen and Bobcat shot her about 125 or so yards out. She ran about 20 yards and dropped just short of a rather steep creek bank than goodness or me and Bobcat would have been rather wet getting her out. It was a great start with 3 of the 5 getting mission accomplished. It was fun to hunt with Bobcat and the evening of great food, some adult beverages around the campfire made for a wonderful time. I wished I would have stayed Saturday as it sounds like it too was a great day. Can’t wait to do it again. Thanks goes out the Ryan, Madison and all the rest for the great hospitality.

post-20998-0-70283900-1452542809_thumb.jpg

post-20998-0-85824600-1452542811_thumb.jpg

post-20998-0-65760200-1452542813_thumb.jpg

post-20998-0-42109500-1452542815_thumb.jpg

post-20998-0-17440300-1452542817_thumb.jpg

post-20998-0-97158000-1452542818_thumb.jpg

post-20998-0-69544700-1452542820_thumb.jpg