Bobcat

2015 Freezer Filler-Hunt Report

We had a great hunt with a great group! All five of us scored our does for the freezer. We made some new friends with other hunters in camp with us too. The weather was great. We had cool temperatures and blue skies (a nice change for us). We had three does down Friday afternoon and the other two down Saturday morning. The lodge has a large fire pit that we kept going all weekend. A LOT of fun was had aroung the pit! Madison, our Camp Cook, got to go on her first Snipe Hunt! Ryan made sure that was after she had fed us Saturday night! :D She did a terrific job for us. We had roasted Axis with all the trimmings Friday night, bacon and eggs in the morning, and grilled ribeyes with caramelized onions and fresh broiled asparagus Saturday. While waiting for supper Saturday, she brought out broiled stuffed potobello mushrooms along with venison sausage, cheese, and crackers. Ryan and his guides Jody and Brady, did their usual spectacular job for us!

Our Posse group: L to R

Ryan, scrogrw, Bobcat, texan4ut, Skydiver, amigo

2015%20Freezer%20Filler%20Group%20640_zp

I will post the full Hunt Report when I get all the photos done....................

Bob :P

texan4ut was next up. We hunted together in the same blind. He made a great shot with his .243. I will let Maury tell you the story.

Maury-Texan4UT%20640_zpscpjnkimx.jpg

I did a follow up shot on a second doe with my 7mm-08. I was using the 140 gr. Barnes TTSX over Big Game.

2015%20BC%20Doe%20640_zps0kj90nbz.jpg

This was the view from our blind.

BC%20Blind%20640_zps1wcchc2v.jpg

Saturday morning Skydiver (amigo's son and soon to be new father) got a nice doe on the ground with his 30-06. A little later, amigo got one with his 7mm-08 from another blind. They can share their stories with you.

Amigo%20Skydiver%20Deer%20640_zpsqevl0qw

Here our guide Jody helping carve the Axis for Saturday's supper.

Jody%20Carving_zpsmvcdic51.jpg

Our Saturday feast!

Axis%20Roast%20640_zpsyzvdf4oh.jpg

This was our ribeye feast Saturday!

Ribeyes%20640_zpsajifphfo.jpg

Here is our other guide, Brady, with amigo and Skydiver at the cleaning station. Ryan, Brady, and Jody all went out their way to make this a great weekend hunt!!

Brady%20Micheal%20Sean%20640_zpskxytyys2

Here is a shot of Ryan and Madison

Ryan%20%20Madison%20Kitchen%20640_zpsr39

This was a terrific hunt with some great folks. I will let everyone else chime in and tell their stories.

Dakota%20640_zps74xowj0i.jpg

Sean and I had a great time. Weather could not have been better; cool, mostly sunny, little wind, and plenty of game. Three hunters got their does Friday evening hunt. Sean and I would score Saturday morning with Sean scoring before me.

My first stand on Saturday brought in one doe, but was surrounded by two bucks; no safe shot. The second stand went dry. The third stand brought in some very nice bucks with one doe. Again, the doe did not offer a shot due to the bucks milling around too close. About ten minutes later, two does came in from the left of the bucks. As soon as I had a clear broad side shot, the 120 grain Nosler BT blew out her lungs. Doe did not run, but walked about five feet and toppled over.

Lodge was great and recently updated. Very comfortable and roomy.

It was great that all five of us put down game. Looking forward to picking up the venison from the processor!

Looks like you all had a great time and ate well as usual . Glad everyone got their meat .

post-22107-0-19999400-1450913756.jpg

I must also agree this was a great hunt, Ryan and the guys did a good job making sure we had what we needed, Madison kept us fed and fed well. The lodge was nice and comfortable with several nice mounts on the walls and places to congregate and talk with new friends.

My Friday afternoon hunt with Brady setting in the blind with me went pretty quick. I need to thank Brady for wearing the "lucky hat". We had no longer got into the blind and got situated when a doe was meandering around on the hill side. She was heading up the hill and was in a lot of trees and brush. I elected to wait and see what else came about. Within 5 minutes this doe was back with a larger bodied doe. Once they came off the hill and onto the flat the bigger doe was confirmed by Brady and I took my shot at about 75 yards with an AR15 chambered in 300 Blackout using Barnes 110 grain TAC-TX bullets and to keep the noise down a Dear Air Sandman L suppressor. The doe moved very little less than 10 yards and dropped. Brady walked back and got his truck. After loading up the doe, we went up to the lake since we needed to wait for the other hunters. We cast around at the lake for any Bass that wanted to get caught and released back until dark, We had a very nice dinner of Axis Friday evening and listened to some good stories around the fire pit. Saturday morning I elected to go ahead and return home to El Paso and attend a Posada with my wife(Keep the Peace). From the reports above it looks like I missed out on some more good food and stories. I will definitely look forward to future hunts for myself and my son. Thanks Bobcat, Ryan and the Posse for this event!!!!